Version 7.11

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Jon
Guru

Version 7.11

Post by Jon »

Wow, you guys did a GREAT job on this release. Thank you.

For those who want to see the changes (all of which were requested in these forums) see http://www.essentialpim.com/news/version-history

For me, the one issue that is not resolved is viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18415
It is frustrating that I cannot use this new feature. Well, I can partially use it, but not as it was designed. For me,it is back to the method used in 6.58.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Version 7.11

Post by admin »

Jon, thanks very much for your positive feedback!

As for the issue you're having with the related items option, please try to synchronize your database into a new one using EPIM Synchronizer. Will that help?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Jon
Guru

Post by Jon »

I'll check and let you know.
Jon
Guru

Post by Jon »

OK, I tried. The sync to a new, empty database gave me more hits in the dropdown, but not all that should appear. The problem remains. The list is populated by many past, present and future recurring appointments. Thinking that this could be the problem, I experimented by deleting the recurring appointments. There is one recurring appointment whose entries can only be deleted one at a time. It will not delete future appointments or the entire series. However I can do this in the original database. My guess is that this has something to do with EPIM Sync.

By the way, my experiment with deleting the recurring appointments did not change what I am seeing in the dropdown (with the exception of the deleted recurring appointments which are gone from the list), nor can I type "@the exact item name" and establish a related link.
Tomm Furch
Experienced

Post by Tomm Furch »

Okay!!... Getting closer! New UI ifs MUCH improved! I like the vertical format in "contacts" (A lot!) and ability to change appearance (i.e. font size). I'm guessing next release might include some grid line/alternate colors in contact module's field names and info sections.

Admittedly, I felt I was going to be stuck with 6.58... But, you have dome a wonderful job "cleaning up" the look of 7.xx and I could be won over after all! :) Keep up the great work!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, the next release with grid lines and alternate line colors is already here, please check the 7.11 version out.
Tomm Furch
Experienced

Post by Tomm Furch »

admin wrote:Thanks, the next release with grid lines and alternate line colors is already here, please check the 7.11 version out.
I meant in the "contact" info panel. I see in 7.11 the "index" portion of the contacts module does now option lines/alternating line colors, but the info panel does not, neither around filed names nor data (as in 6.58). Not a big deal, but hopefully that will be along in an upcoming release. :D
Last edited by Tomm Furch on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, I see what you mean now, thanks for explaining. Will think about implementing that.
Gerhard

Post by Gerhard »

I have a major problem with Version 7.11. When I try to drag an e-mail from the Inbox to another mail folder, EPIM crashes. I can right click the email and move it using the "Move to Folder" feature but that is cumbersome.
I did not have this problem before Version 7.11
I sent the error reports a few times. I hope you can fix this.
Jon
Guru

Post by Jon »

There was a silent update that is supposed to fix this. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18445
Gerhard

Post by Gerhard »

Thanks, that helped. Happy again
Tomm Furch
Experienced

Post by Tomm Furch »

I know this probably isn't the area for suggestions... but, since we're visiting about 7.11 I thought I might take a bit of liberty. --- I really.. No REALLY like that the contacts module now offers a vertical format, but it makes the page format then become quite wide. As such, I turn off the "navigation" pane which unfortunately also removes the module "hot keys." I know the "Go" drop down or "Ctrl-1, Ctrl-4" works fairly easily, but if it would be possible to add module switch "Hot keys" across the top.. perhaps to the right of the "filter" button... that would be very nice.
Tomm Furch
Experienced

Post by Tomm Furch »

EDIT FIELDS/field order. -- 6.58 had a much nicer contact edit page (for me, 7.11 is a bit clunky) but also "field order" could be changed by using move up/move down buttons. That appears to be missing in 7.11. Will that be coming back? Or, is it there and I just can't find the procedure for changing field order? Thanks! :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We are going to include a new "All fields" view for the contacts add/edit window in one of the future versions. That might be exactly what you're looking for.
Tomm Furch
Experienced

Post by Tomm Furch »

admin wrote:We are going to include a new "All fields" view for the contacts add/edit window in one of the future versions. That might be exactly what you're looking for.
I'll be keeping an eye on the evolution of 7.xx... And, I REALLY like the vertical option in the contact module... but, I'm afraid I'm going to have to stay with 6.58, mostly due to the far more appealing GUI. It appears as thought others tend to agree with me. BTW... The label on the "picture" tab disappeared when I went back to 6.58! Not serious... just curious.

Regardless... Keep up the great work EPIM folks! :)
Attachments
Capture.JPG