* spam filter
* improved rules feature

1st post here :P
MacLinDroid
Novice

Re: Why you DON'T like EPIM?

Post by MacLinDroid »

Max wrote:Hello everyone,

as know, there is a topic "why you like EPIM". Well, to be fair, I am welcoming any feedback why you don't like EPIM and what you miss? What would make your work with EPIM immensely more productive?

We are in the middle of preparing 2.0 Beta 1, we might be able to even squeeze one of 2 small features into 2 (not that we have run out of feature suggestions, but, nevertheless).
Not available for Linux
tdr

Post by tdr »

Multiple separate calendar support is the big one for me and one that has been mentioned several times in this forum. This would put EssentialPIM onto a really serious footing for a lot of people - and not just businesses!
mattz
Guru

Post by mattz »

Colors! I find it much easier to find items if the 'headers' (notes, appointments, todo, etc) can change colors easily (also be bolded, italicized)... as well as the backgrounds (for appointments without assigning a category).

Sorting on a note branch only, instead of the entire tree.

And a function for saved filters that could be accessed via tabs... and perhaps tabs as "place setters", to easily go to certain note topics, email folders, etc.
2014-05-01_174914.jpg
2014-05-01_174914.jpg (50.8 KiB) Viewed 10774 times
BTW... I think this is a great app & you all are doing a fine job. :-)

Thanks for asking,
Matt Z.
Malcolm Matusky

Post by Malcolm Matusky »

I am having trouble with multiple contacts, even using the utility I still have them in my database. I use the desktop, and android version of PIM and use google and dropbox to keep my devices synched. Would using epim's cloud service improve this problem?
kk
Experienced

Post by kk »

Being able to change font color and size and highlight color in the note tree as well as keeping the note tree tabs stationary so that they don't rearrange when you click on one.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

We will make tree tabs "stationary" in 6.0 or next version coming after it.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
mrbeeye
Novice

Post by mrbeeye »

Just started to "not liking" EPIM because you do not listen to your customers.
I've been with you from 3.5 version and paid for couple of upgrades and I've just decided it's time to look for another product where makers are better listeners.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14069&p=60291
Deadeye
Novice

Post by Deadeye »

Android EPIM Calendar view is different from desktop version:

1. Week numbers are are displayed - taking up valuable space. I have found no obvious way to remove them.

2. Date numbers are displayed at the BOTTOM of each cell which is opposite of the desktop version, and is harder for me to read.
Deadeye
Novice

Post by Deadeye »

Tech support is SLOW!

Support is only via email and replies are very hard to understand. This means turn-around is SLOW; sometimes taking DAYS. I have never received a reply in the same day.

To make it worse, the person I have had to deal with writes short, broken English replies, which means I have to try to read between the lines. That just adds to the aggravation of waiting for a reply. I don't care what language they speak so long as they speak English to me. I am the customer after all.

Support is just not available over the weekend. If you work for a living...well, just keep this fact in mind, and factor it into how long it will take to resolve the many problems you will have.

Phone support is not even an option. EPIM desperately needs phone support with remote access.

I paid extra for priority support, but I am very disappointed.
Deadeye
Novice

Post by Deadeye »

Android Contacts has no way to delete more than one contact at a time:

Why is this important, may be asked. It is important while I am trying to resolve the problems I have had trying to sync desktop to Android. I can delete all the contacts at once from EPIM desktop (Windows 7), but I can't do it on Android (Samsung Galaxy S4). So, I have to delete them one-at-a-time.

There is no phone support, so I have to try whatever I can to get this thing to work properly.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Deadeye wrote:1. Week numbers are are displayed - taking up valuable space. I have found no obvious way to remove them.
Thanks for the suggestion, will try to implement it in the next version.
Deadeye wrote:2. Date numbers are displayed at the BOTTOM of each cell which is opposite of the desktop version, and is harder for me to read.
This has been discussed several times. We plan to make a calendar's facelift in the nearest future and will definitely address this point.
Deadeye wrote:Support is only via email and replies are very hard to understand. This means turn-around is SLOW; sometimes taking DAYS. I have never received a reply in the same day.
Sorry about that, will try to improve.
Deadeye wrote:Android Contacts has no way to delete more than one contact at a time
Confirm, this feature will be added in one of the next versions (not only for contacts).
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
pkchu520@yahoo.com
Experienced

Post by pkchu520@yahoo.com »

EPIM Pro 6.0

Address is not customizable. Fields are fixed and it's difficult to edit with international addresses. Cannot use tab to go to the next field. Must use mose to click.
nord

Post by nord »

I'm really new to EPIM, but there is one seemingly builtin action that is driving me completely crazy and I don't know how to deal with it (or rather turn it off).

By default in a monthly view, on 9 different days I see the same thing: "This is all day event. It can be also spread through over several days." It shows up over and over again from 8:30 am to 9:00 am and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It overwhelms all the real events I need to see.

Tks for listening.

N

"
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

nord wrote:I'm really new to EPIM, but there is one seemingly builtin action that is driving me completely crazy and I don't know how to deal with it (or rather turn it off).

By default in a monthly view, on 9 different days I see the same thing: "This is all day event. It can be also spread through over several days." It shows up over and over again from 8:30 am to 9:00 am and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It overwhelms all the real events I need to see.

Tks for listening.

N

"
Hello,

please right-click on the event with your mouse and select "Delete". That should take care of this problem.
Maxim,
EPIM Team