Experienced

Re: Why you DON'T like EPIM?

Post by mithcd »

Just one so far. I can't add links as attachments. I think this is doable.Image
kk
Experienced

Post by kk »

It would really be helpful to be able to manipulate the text of actual tree.
Even some of the simpler tree-like editors allow you to change the font, size and boldness of the tree structure.

Still a great program.
Thanks so much!
norsea
Guru

Post by norsea »

The email applications needs updating in the worst way. It looks to be TBird V3.

Given that TBird is now on V13.1 it seems obvious to me that the added functionality, like more fields in "Message Rules" for sorting, etc., etc. that are available in the newer releases would be a good thing.

And, it would be nice if some of the TBird Add-ons could be incorporated into the software. Perhaps a poll to determine what people would like to see included would be in order.

My biggest complaints about the email app are the p-poor sorting capabilities in "Message Rules" (no cc or bcc among other headers) and the requirement to scroll through all of the folder/file structure to get to new incoming email messages.

Yes, I know both of these are a TBird thing.

The improved sorting is available on newer versions of TBird.

It would be so much nicer to have a tabbed window open for each folder that has new incoming email, like Eudora did. Saves lots of time if you receive lots of incoming email.

Jim, who is new to EPim because he's been waiting for a version to sync with Android and is now running the latest and greatest beta, RC1.
Georgo2010
Guru

Post by Georgo2010 »

It´s strange but I don´t like on EPIM these deficiencies:

1/ frequent crash - eg. after open EPIM from system tray
2/ too long labels (strings) - they are overflow or difficult to understand
3/ frequent automatic optimalization of database
4/ unsecured password module - copied login or password stay in the clipboard all time
5/ impossibility of establishing automatic email account and re-creating selected SMTP server
6/ inability to the customize look (own themes)
7/ clumsy processing email messages (using the context menu) - some features are only available from the main menu (must be active mail module)
8/ missing external SPAM/JUNK filter as a plug-in (like dictionaries)
9/ missing buttons for processing receive messages (in list) - I must open every messages in full window and then I´ll see buttons for next processing (I can´t choose view of messages?)
Jiri Humplik
main czech and slovak translator (epim.preklad@gmail.com)
http://www.epimcz.wbs.cz

MS WIN10 Home 64-bit @150 dpi: EssentialPIM Pro Portable 8.5
Xiaomi Redmi 4X, Android 7.1.2, MUIU 10.3.1.0: EssentialPIM Pro 5.6.2
highperguy
Novice

Post by highperguy »

Details in TODO:
The color gradations in the rows is very distracting and makes it hard to read.
Priority symbols need to be simplified. A,B,C ?
Custom categories would be nice
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

highperguy wrote:Details in TODO:
The color gradations in the rows is very distracting and makes it hard to read.
Priority symbols need to be simplified. A,B,C ?
Custom categories would be nice
There are no color gradations in To Do module (in latest 5.03) and there are custom categories in Pro version.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Fru
Novice

Post by Fru »

Because I purchased it in order to avoid over the internet syncing and and I still can´t sync my calendar with local account in the android.
PaulMSmith
Novice

Post by PaulMSmith »

Not sure if you are still watching this thread? and maybe the wrong place.

Duplicate management is missing.

Being able to link Contacts with Calendar, Notes, Todo's is missing.
I just don't get why PIMs don't do this.
Contacts should be linkable to everything within EPIM

Cheers
Paul
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

PaulMSmith wrote:Duplicate management is missing.
Agreed this option is not WITHIN EPIM, but there is a separate program available FOR FREE that you can use to check and remove duplicates.
See http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=pc_versi ... ntary_apps
PaulMSmith wrote:Being able to link Contacts with Calendar, Notes, Todo's is missing.
I just don't get why PIMs don't do this.
Contacts should be linkable to everything within EPIM
Agreed I have seen better solutions and easier tracking of the links FROM contracts to other modules, BUT linking Contacts with Calendar, Note's, ToDo's and even notes of passwords IS POSSIBLE. BUT you need the PRO version for this option.
In the PRO version you can use hyper-links to link all kind of items from within EPIM to each other. That means notes to contacts or notes to passwords or contacts to Calender items etc.
It is ALSO possible to link to files on your hard-drive or link to internet pages.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you everyone!
Yes, we are watching this thread for sure.
As PeCe has written, both duplicate management and cross-linking from Contacts is possible.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
mario
Beta Team

Post by mario »

Trinitylab wrote:Simply: it is lacking the stability much, much more than any other PIM I know
Hi

I have been using Epim since years and my experience is different. I have never lost anything. Minor bugs or problem have always been promptly fixed.

Actually I would quote stability as one of the feature of the program!

Just my experience,

Mario
Marien
Novice

Post by Marien »

I like EPIM generally, but definitely not to be confronted every day with the impossibility of day-by-day sideways scrolling and drag-and-drop in Calendar Week View, with the Number of Days in Week View set at 7. This is ok with any other day but not with 7, probably the number most people use. Now one has to change the setting from 7 to any day in order to make day-to day sideways scrolling and drag-and-drop possible. I made a remark on this in General Discussion recently.
Tomm Furch
Experienced

Post by Tomm Furch »

I'm arriving from a very "lightweight" PIM (Sidekick 2.0 -- Yes, I know!) that I absolutely love but that hasn't seen a programmer since the late 90s and that, alas, has finally "run up against the wall" as I had to "re-computer" to a Windows 7 OS machine. W7 won't open it <sigh!>. E-Pim is the best I have found for my usage and, as I get used to it, I'm liking it better all the time. Still, I miss many of the simple features I enjoyed with SK2.0 (Actually, I still use it on the "old" machine for generating cassette tape labels. I'm sorry to report; your label writing function is pretty wobbly).
The primary items I miss are (1) the ability to gather data (highlight) from a number of fields and do a quick cut & paste. I did that a lot for C&Ping mailing addresses into, say, Stamps.com addressee fields, or even for simple MS Word correspondence. A nice feature within E-PIM would be a "field selectable" Hot key where we could essentially do the same thing. Kind of a "hot key" for collecting field data in a label-ish format. We're "working around" by doing either a "send via e-mail, then selecting/cutting the needed field info in the results, or simply doing a copy of the record, pasting where we want. then deleting the unnecessary field info. Cumbersome, but workable.
(2) A user customizable "speedbar" would be nice, as would a hotkey for pasting current date into a contact field. I think "Ctrl-D" does that in "To Do" a/o "Notes," but not in contact fields. A bit strange also, that you do not allow vertical "split line" position in contacts while you do in "To Do" and "Notes."
Again... Quite happy with E-PIM and liking it better as I become more familiar with it. Also, VERY impressed with the efforts you go through to give attentive support! Very impressed with your accessability!
I hope these comments are of some value.

Best, TGF
Tomm Furch
Experienced

Re: What? No Mailing Lists???

Post by Tomm Furch »

Max wrote:
Estes wrote:Why can't (or how can) I do bulk mailings from using my groups, as can be done in Outlook 2003 and GMail?

Currently I use EssentialPIM Pro Portable and Mozilla Thunderbird.
Select several contats, right click and see "Mass Mail" menu
Uhhhhh... I'm a paid subscriber (Help page says I have E Pro 5.03) but I see no "Mass Mail" option!
tesro
Guru

Re: What? No Mailing Lists???

Post by tesro »

Uhhhhh... I'm a paid subscriber (Help page says I have E Pro 5.03) but I see no "Mass Mail" option!

Selec contacts and see "send newsletter..."
Windows 10 EssentialPIM Pro 8.6.1 Desktop and 8.6.1 Portable
Sansung Galaxy a20 Android 9 EssentialPIM 5.7 beta 2 pro