Kategorien gehen beim Synchronisieren verloren

EssentialPIM auf Deutsch besprechen

Moderators: esque, chabar2000

DerPilger
Experienced

Kategorien gehen beim Synchronisieren verloren

Post by DerPilger »

Hallo,

synchronisiere ich zwischen PIM-PC und PIM-Smartphone (Android), so werden mir auf der App die Kalendereinträge mit anderen Kategorien angezeigt. Die Farben stimmen noch, die Benennung der Kategorien lautet allerdings ganz anders. So wird aus der Kategorie "Urlaub" auf einmal "Reise", "Feiertage" wird "Urlaub" etc.
Handelt es sich hierbei um ein Problem der App?

Schon einmal vorab vielen Dank für alles was kommt.

Ciao
Heiko
PeCe
Guru

Re: Kategorien gehen beim Synchronisieren verloren

Post by PeCe »

Ob es ein Problem der App ist kann nur der Produzent bestätigen.
Wie sie sagen die Farben stimmen noch, aber die zugehörende Namen nicht (mehr).
Da ich kürzlich alle Data gelöst habe und neu synchronisiert habe gehe ich davon aus das ein Problem mit synchronisieren ist.

@Admin/Max
I can confirm this problem. For testing with 5.0 and 7.5 I recently cleared all data and did a synchronisation.
The described error is new for me, like DerPilger do the colours show up properly, but when you edit appointments, then a number of the descriptions are incorrect. The number of categories are the same, but not the descriptions.
In my case several categories got different names, others are gone.

It looks like the categories on the smartphone are equal to an empty database. Because if I create a new EPIM windows database, then the same descriptions and colours are used in EPIM Windows as on my smartphone in EPIM android.

Please correct this so that the EPIM WIN category descriptions are also synchronized to the EPIM Android categories.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Peter, could you please mention steps we need to follow in order to reproduce the problem? Thanks very much!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

Wow, not easy to reproduce, but I think I found the problem.
After wiping the database in the Android APP, through APP - clear data it seems that EPIM Android is empty, but if you open an appointment or task and then check the categories and manage categories, then you see all that you used are still there.

I also cleaned all categories, did some tests and all went okay, I could not reproduce the problem. Even changing the language from English to Dutch went okay. EPIM Android was synchronized okay in all cases.

After that I cleaned EPIM Android again, but now did NOT change/delete categories in the Android.
I changed some names (from Engish to Dutch in the EPIM Win categories and again synchronised the same database.
After that the categories in EPIM Android were screwed up and did not match those in Windows anymore.

With all tests I used one-way synchronisation to EPIM Android and had synchronize deletions selected.

So a workaround for now seems to be clear all data through Andoid settings, then go into EPIM Android and delete all categories.
Where needed manually restore settings and registration.
Synchronize the data again and all is okay, colors and names are the same in Win and Android.

@Heiko
Ich weiß nicht ob und wie sie Testen, aber es sieht danach aus dass nach dem löschen von alle Daten (via Android Einstellungen) das Problem mit den Kategorien entsteht. Nach dem Sie die Daten gelöscht haben bleiben die Kategorien existent. Wenn Sie dann eine neue Synchronisation durchführen, dann sind die Kategorien nicht mehr richtig. Es kann sein (habe ich noch nicht getestet) das dieses Problem auch entsteht wenn Sie möglich mehrere Data-bestanden (für Tests) benützen.

Dieses Problem kann behoben werden durch im EPIM Android alle Kategorien zu löschen und dann eine neue Synchronisation durch zu führen. Fur mich was das den Lösung um alles richtig zu bekommen.

Andere möglichkeit ist manuel die Kategorien in Epim Android zu korrigieren.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, Peter, although still no go on our side, unfortunately. May I ask you to please forward us a log file of the synchronization after which categories stopped being identical?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!