Foundry

This forum lists success stories of EPIM users. If you find EPIM useful- welcome to post here!
McCartman

Foundry

Post by McCartman »

I am in a Supervisory position in a Diecast foundry. Our company's "issue" is Lotus Notes, very similar to Outlook. Very similar indeed, as it takes a rocket scientist to learn how to use effectively! I started my search for a better way about six weeks ago. I started out using Treepad, which is a very good program but lacks the nice scheduling and to-do features that EPIM has. Since switching to EPIM Pro Portable, my job has gotten a lot easier. I use the calendar and to-do functions for the obvious, but make use of the Notes function for recording machinery issues, production quality issues, storing commonly used documents, and keeping notes on employee issues. The best part is the password protected files. I store sensitive data and my computer is accessable to others besides myself. I have EPIM set to minimize to Tray and you must type the password in to access it again. VERY nice and VERY useful!