Post for those experiencing Email or Synchronization problem

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

mvas
Novice

Re: Post for those experiencing Email or Synchronization problem

Post by mvas »

Yes, I noticed. The sync utility is successful but has copied the colors of two categories only of the 14 I use, from the desktop application. The rest remain colorless. Moreover, these two colors are visible when I open the Manage categories view, but disappear when the list is scrolled (they are there, however).

I have updated to the latest versions of both applications (EPIM Pro desktop and Android free).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We would like to see a copy of your database file, if possible. Please copy it over to a new one, delete everything except for the categories and attach to your next post. Thank you!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
phackley
Novice

Post by phackley »

I'm using EPIM version 6.56, with Windows 10. When I try to sync to my Android (Galaxy S6) it shows "Synchronization in progress" but then stalls endlessly on "Synchronizing Contacts' , and never completes the sync.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please enable the extensive logging feature in Tools->Options->Synchronization, then try to synchronize again. If the problem persists, please forward me (via PM here in the forum) the latest log file (it can be found here: C:\Users\Your_Windows_Username\AppData\Roaming\EssentialPIM Pro\Logs).
phackley
Novice

Post by phackley »

I activated extensive logging and it still didn't work. I found no "AppData" folder under C:\Users -- etc.
phackley
Novice

Post by phackley »

A further update on my problem. It will sync the Notes and Calendar just fine - just stalls on the Contacts (there are 286 of them).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You need to enable display of hidden files and folders first to get to the AppData folder. Here's how to do that:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7
Georg_1951

Post by Georg_1951 »

Hi,

in version 7.0 I have the problem, that the syncronization with my PDA (HP iPAQ) doesn't work anymore. The syncronization-window pops up for half a second: "Completed" - but it does NOTHING! For syncronization I must still run version 6.58

Windows10 64-bit
EPIM PRO portable version 7.0

Thanks,
Georg
endymion
Novice

Post by endymion »

i am using EPIM Pro 6.58. Tried using 7.0 but did not like it. There has been a continuing problem with the synchronization of my email on all EPIM upgrades. I use Gmail and share a common calendar with my with. Every app I calendar use, whether on my tablet or phone shows both my wife's appointments and mine. EPIM is the only calendar which does not show both calendars. Mine show up but not hers'. I have tried to delete the synchronization and re-synchronize number of times but to no avail. Why is it that every other calendar I use is able to do this but not EPIM?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Please try 7.1 RC1, available on the forum, as it has numerous UI improvements, if that's why you did not like 7.0.
Regarding the Calendar- my only guess is permissions for the calendar. Please make sure that you have read/write permissions to your wife's calendar and it is not marked as 'Private' somehow.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
endymion
Novice

Post by endymion »

Have read/write permission for my wife's calendar, deleted the Google synchronization on EPIM, cleared the Google database, optimized the database, closed EPIM, restarted EPIM, removed the permission for EPIM from Google, requested new code, and synchronized 2 way with Google, made sure my wives category will show up on my calendar and still no wives calendar showing. Even my mobile EPIM shows my wife's and my calendar but not the desktop version. What am I missing?
bng
Novice

Post by bng »

I'm using 7.1 portable for Windows and most updated version of EPIM for Android, it seems to have sync problem. It stuck in the "Synchronization in progress; connected." Nothing in progress.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please forward me the latest log file via PM here in the forum. You can get it here: Tools->Options->Synchronization, Browse...
bng
Novice

Post by bng »

No previous log is found. However, when I "Enable extensive logging" and try again sync, it works now. It must be just an ad hoc issue. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hope so :) However, if there's the same problem in the future do not hesitate to forward me the log file right away. Thanks!