EPIM ver 6.58 data corruption

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Grzesinski

EPIM ver 6.58 data corruption

Post by Grzesinski »

I found a serious error in EPIM ver 6.58, causing notes data corruption.
Is this version still supported? Are there chances to improve the program code?
I'm not interested in ver 7.xx
Max
Site Admin

Re: EPIM ver 6.58 data corruption

Post by Max »

Hello,

6.58 is the last of 6.x series.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

Grzesinski wrote:Is this version still supported? Are there chances to improve the program code?
First of all, I am no employee from Astonsoft, but as a long time user I almost sure know the answers.

No, 6.58 is not supported any longer. After 6.58 several new 7.x versions were released.
There have been others that asked for patches/updates to older versions and so far the answer is NO, if the error still persists in the newest version it will be corrected in a newer version.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
Grzesinski

Post by Grzesinski »

EPIM 6.58 was released in April 2016 (only 9 months ago), is the last version of the 6 series, is still used by many users.
After months of looking for the cause of the destruction of the data found a repeatable procedure which causes permanent data damage.
The question is whether Astonsoft intends to correct errors in this version.

I'm waiting for an official response.
TumbleDoor
Guru

Post by TumbleDoor »

You already got it Max is the official person here and he said:
"6.58 is the last of 6.x series."

Based on how they have treated things thus far pending some kind of decent lawsuit agent them the odds of seeing a patch for 6.58 are pretty much none existent.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

while we would like to help users on 6.x version, we want to help users on actual 7.x version more:) Therefore, we put the limited resources where they give most impact. I do not see any reason for users not to update to 7.x version.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Grzesinski

Post by Grzesinski »

It makes no sense at this point to discuss why I do not use version 7, despite a lifetime license purchase.
Discussion on this topic was during the introduction of version 7.0 and later in the forum.

I do not expect the development and implementation of new features but the removal of critical errors in last useable (for my) version. To this should be sufficient even limited resources.

Your response is very important, it is to define the company's policy in similar cases.

Please clear answer.

BTW It is possible that these errors also occur in version 7, I did not check it.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

There might be users on 5.x and 4.x version as well. Unfortunately it is not possible to support those versions (as if by fixing critical issues) and developing new versions at the same time.
Maxim,
EPIM Team