Can not delete Category "None"

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
BillSki
Novice

Can not delete Category "None"

Post by BillSki »

Both Android and PC versions up-to-date. Sync to Google works fine. Sync to Android phone used to work prior to the recent update, but now gives the following error: Can not delete Category "None".

This is a one-way sync EPIM to Android. Sync deletions is checked. Is there a easy way to delete just the EPIM database on the Android? Since this is a one way sync, this might resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Bill
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can not delete Category "None"

Post by admin »

Please clear the Android sync data from File->Database Management and then sync again.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
BillSki
Novice

Post by BillSki »

Thanks, that cleared up the error message. But, it doesn't look like the sync is cycling thru all of the sections that I selected for sync. I need to take a closer look at that, but life is getting in the way right now. I'll get back to you as soon as I get some time, but again, thanks for your help. I appreciate it!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You're welcome. I'd also recommend you to update to the Win EPIM 7.11 version as among other changes it offers some improvements regarding synchronization with Android EPIM.
BillSki
Novice

Post by BillSki »

7.11 did the trick. Everything synced, also got the "sync successful" message back.

I spent most of my working life in computer programming and tech support. You guys do support the way it was meant to be done. You should all be proud of your products and your professional commitment to supporting them.

Thanks again for all you do!
Bill
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good, glad it works as expected now :) Also, thanks very much for your appraisal of our work! Although, there's always something to improve.. :)