EPIM Modules table of coverage of cloud services for synch

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
mlin
Novice

EPIM Modules table of coverage of cloud services for synch

Post by mlin »

Hello,
In the online help, it says "Note, different synchronization types may not support synchronization of all EPIM modules."
So, is there a table in which I can know what cloud sync service should I choose to have my android device, and my wife's android in synch, with all modules (contacts, contact groups, calendars, tasks, categories,etc..,?)

Thank you very much! Regards. Manuel
EPim Pro PORTABLE v7.13 Lifetime
Windows 7 x64 Spanish. Android 5.1.1
Max
Site Admin

Re: EPIM Modules table of coverage of cloud services for synch

Post by Max »

Hello,

if you need a cloud service that would sync between Android and EPIM- please choose Google sync.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
mlin
Novice

Post by mlin »

I am sorry, but cannot understand the suggestion given: to choose Google. That means
(a) that my Android EPIM would sync with Google, and then with my wife's Android? That would require a single Google account, right? What would be the detailed procedure?
(b) if I would like to sync with my EPIM Portable, should I choose Google too? Or choose the Android synch option?

I apologize if I have not stated the problem clearly. 1 EPIM Portable database in Windows, 2 Android devices with EPIM free.
What is the suggested service and procedure, with the requirements, please?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

EPIM for Android can sync its data to a single Google account: Calendar, Tasks, Drive (for Notes and Passwords) and Contacts
For synchronizing EPIM Portable with Android you can go either Google or built-in direct EPIM-> Android sync.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
mlin
Novice

Post by mlin »

<<
For synchronizing EPIM Portable with Android you can go either Google or built-in direct EPIM-> Android sync.
>>

Thank you very much for your response.
So, now we have some rows and columns for the request on the headline of this thread.

My concrete problem is: 2 Google accounts in several android devices; 1 EPIM Pro Portable on Win7. How can I maintain all in synch?
What I do now is to synch from EPIMPro in windows to the devices, one way. If I have to update a Contact, or calendar, all udpates are done in Windows, as the 2-way synch damaged my data. :cry:
And then I propagate to an Android device. My wife's device with different Google account has another EPIM database, with duplicates records.
So I have to manually check the calendar, the common tasks, the common contacts, etc.

It would be great to hear about :idea: "family usage patterns" of EPIM! :?: :D Thank you all users. Regards. Manuel.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So basically you wish to sync 2 Google accounts with 2 EPIM Database files? If yes, I don't know why you would use 2 EPIM database files then. You can use just a single one and then synchronize it with both of the Google accounts.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
mlin
Novice

Post by mlin »

I use to EPIM database files because I am not able to make "two-way" synch work. I just propagate changes from Windows EPIM to Android.
It is that simple.
Unfortunately.
And I am trying to move forward an improved procedure, researching for suggestions, for a "team collaboration", or you-name-it.

<<
>>
I might be confusing about my problem.
My wife and I have 2 Android, with two EPIM free installed. Each Android has a different Google account (as Android requires it).
But we do not use Google's cloud services as contacts, calendar, or gmail on Android.
So no Google cloud services. BTW, That is why is asked for a table, to explore more options!
I keep all the "master" data in EPIM Pro Portable in Windows.

So, the idea is to get a picture of what and how should we do to get changes propagated, without the Google cloud services, that we do not use.
I was wondering if there was a "cloud Service" to synch calendars, contacts, to do, etc, between the three EPIMs instances.

The request is very simple: does EPIM support working with common contacts, calendar, etc, with different EPIMs, from different Androids, and then able to synch to Windows, and viceversa?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm afraid you cannot achieve that with your current configuration. You either need a Business version of Win EPIM (in this case you will be able to work with a single database file from 2 PCs at a time and then synchronize it with both of your Android devices) or you need to synchronize your data via a third-party cloud application. The only cloud solution Android EPIM support so far is Google services.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
mlin
Novice

Post by mlin »

Thank you very much for your response. Quick and clear!! Satisfied, and happy :D
I would also like to share for the thread this topic I found, about "native Android App" synchronization.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18604&p=81376#p81376