Same entry on multiple dates.

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Christopher Whitmey
Experienced

Same entry on multiple dates.

Post by Christopher Whitmey »

I have meetings of the ABC Committee at the same time on say, Wed 19 Oct, Mon 28 Nov, Fri 16 Dec and Tue 24 Jan. Apart from copy and paste is there any way of entering them all in one action?
EPIM Pro 11.2.4 Lifetime: Windows 10: Andoid EPIM 6.0.10
PeCe
Guru

Re: Same entry on multiple dates.

Post by PeCe »

If there is no repetition then Copy once and paste multiple is the only option,
Otherwise you can use the repetition interval. This is very flexible, for instance every last Wednesday or every 4 weeks etc.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
Christopher Whitmey
Experienced

PeCe wrote:If there is no repetition then Copy once and paste multiple is the only option,
Otherwise you can use the repetition interval. This is very flexible, for instance every last Wednesday or every 4 weeks etc.
Thanks for the reminder. Yes I use this for many items.

Dear old Lotus Organizer had a drop down tab on an appointment where you could add any individual dates: very handy.

A mod for the next version of EPIM?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

we do not think this will be used much by other customers. One more option is to set up a template and use it for the new Appointments alike.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Christopher Whitmey
Experienced

Thanks & noted. I can't see that a template would be much advantage over copy and paste. You say,"we do not think this will be used much by other customers.". How do we know? Could you create a poll please?
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

Christopher Whitmey wrote:I have meetings of the ABC Committee at the same time on say, Wed 19 Oct, Mon 28 Nov, Fri 16 Dec and Tue 24 Jan. Apart from copy and paste is there any way of entering them all in one action?
+1

I constantly have unique events, at the same time and duration, but on equally unique dates, that are time consuming to schedule in ePIM. I have to copy the first event occurrence, then span the calendar to apply the paste multiple times. Creating a special template just for an unique event is just too inefficient. If I could create the first occurrence of the event, then use a drop down to enter additional dates (from a calendar input icon or direct date entry), that would speed up the process greatly!

Max: There may be many more users that could greatly benefit from this addition to ePIM!
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
Christopher Whitmey
Experienced

Thanks guru ecsaltz. Definitely a poll please :D
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

We know that it is not a widely used feature, as this is first or second request of this kind for last 5 years.
There are hundreds of features that are requested much more often.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Christopher Whitmey
Experienced

Max wrote:We know that it is not a widely used feature, as this is first or second request of this kind for last 5 years.
I accept that this is the only the 1st or 2nd request. But I don't think that means that people are not entering the same entry on multiple dates by copying and pasting. :wink: They may not have seen a system where there is a means of facilitating this.
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

Christopher Whitmey wrote:
Max wrote:We know that it is not a widely used feature, as this is first or second request of this kind for last 5 years.
I accept that this is the only the 1st or 2nd request. But I don't think that means that people are not entering the same entry on multiple dates by copying and pasting. :wink: They may not have seen a system where there is a means of facilitating this.
I agree completely. I use the Calendar Module daily very heavily, so I spend considerable time scheduling in it. I coordinate a lot of activities throughout the day, so anything that speeds up the process is a real time saver.

Max, I can't image the number of requests you get for modifications by well meaning end users. Just saying that somewhere in the future
if it becomes possible to do this multi-date modification, that would be appreciated.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.