Convert appointments to tasks

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

tomrice
Novice

Convert appointments to tasks

Post by tomrice »

I love that if I make a task I can just specify whether to "Show in Calendar", but I haven't found a way to do it the other way round without rebuilding the appointment as a task manually.

I thought of a few ways it could maybe work:

1) I would like the ability to click and drag a calendar entry onto the 'Task Bar' to turn an appointment into a task.

2) When editing an appointment, it could be a "Show in Tasks" checkbox, or "convert to task" button, which then asks you to choose which task tab to put the task into.

3) Allowing "paste" of a calendar appointment within the tasks panel, using the existing copy and paste feature.

When doing any of these it could technically just delete the appointment and duplicate the info into a new task instead, with the same information, and with "Show in Calendar" checked. I think all the info would convert over without issue as the same data fields are already available for each?
Max
Site Admin

Re: Convert appointments to tasks

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you, your suggestions are noted.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Mel
Guru

Re: Convert appointments to tasks

Post by Mel »

+1 from me.
Converting should work both ways. I had o lot of work recenty re-typing appointments as tasks (I use a strict distinction between them both).

This functionality might force you to add custom fields to appoitnments. I strongly encourage you to do so. Ad hoc sample: lunch with Mary, and custom field "Cost". Later one can export such data as csv for further analysis.

So in short:

1. let us convert appointments to tasks
2. add "Custom field" to appointments

-- M.