Notes: are private notes locked or not? Show an icon

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

vblansh
Novice

Notes: are private notes locked or not? Show an icon

Post by vblansh »

When some of notes are private and others are not , EPIM allows a convenient way to quickly switch between "private" and "public". But after switching on/off I eventually forget what the status is neither I can possibly remember which status assigned to what note... and looking for a note question comes up - is EPIM note app "locked" or "unlocked" ?
Couldn't find any other way but to click ctrl-L again and try to guess what status is now...
Should there be some icon on the status bar or menu bar showing that the current status is "private" or "public only" in other words "locked" or "unlocked"? I did not find anything like this.
Max
Site Admin

Re: Notes: are private notes locked or not? Show an icon

Post by Max »

Hello,

there is no "Private only" view. There are 2 views: "Public only" or "Public+ Private". And private notes always have "lock" icon. Therefore, if you do not see Notes with "Private" sign- you are viewing "Public" only Notes. Does it make sense?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
vblansh
Novice

Post by vblansh »

I know that "Private" includes also "public"- that's why I did not call it "private only"...
but the problem is that if I don't see the Notes with private sign, that could also mean there are no Private notes in that tab... none of Private notes in that tab hence I don;t see them - then how do I know is it a locked state or not?...
I can't remember whether I made that note I am looking for with private state or even whether I made that note at all! (If we had perfect memory - we wouldn't need a PIM :)
or may be that note is not in that tab (I have few tabs) or may be it is there, in that tab but locked out as been with private state... which one? Much of clicking due before I can find out what is the case... too many variables...

If a simple icon is there to show the state of display locked or unlocked and I can't find a particular note then I know that I see all the notes and I did not make that note or it is in another tab...
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you, your suggestion is clear and will see what can be done.
Maxim,
EPIM Team