Bugs, crashes due to rights management of tasks

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

logies
Guru

Bugs, crashes due to rights management of tasks

Post by logies »

I have imported a few hundreds of tasks from Outlook into EPIM Pro Business 7.21 (Win 10 Pro) under different users with default rights. At the beginning everything seemed fine, but half an hour later after restarting EPIM it crashes frequently when the user tries to make changes, here "click as finished" on his own private tasks or moving items in the tree in or out or up or down. SYSDBA has no problem changing the tasks. See attached picture. A workaround is to open the task and set the slider to 100% - that`s accepted but clumsy. Another workaround is to give the user full rights for all users. I have tested a bit more. Not rights management per se seems to be defect, but checking the checkbox with mouse or space key crashes the programm if the user has no full rights for every user.
Attachments
Crash on click.gif
Max
Site Admin

Re: Bugs, crashes due to rights management of tasks

Post by Max »

Hello,

I think the only way for us to fix that is to reproduce the problem on your database.
Can you send it to us at ma@essentialpim... with credentials to the user having the problem (and steps to reproduce the problem)
Maxim,
EPIM Team
logies
Guru

Re: Bugs, crashes due to rights management of tasks

Post by logies »

Max, after cleaning up the rights of a few dozens of tasks (set them public by SYSDBA, reclaiming them private as a user) and with EPIM Pro Business 7.22 the problems have disappeared (most of the time). Backup is already 80 MB, and with some medical data of my patients in it I can`t mail it around for legal reasons. But thanks for offering. ;-)