Bulk move of tasks (in, out, up, down) in trees?

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

logies
Guru

Bulk move of tasks (in, out, up, down) in trees?

Post by logies »

After marking "shift click" a lot of tasks (and other items?) I want to be able to move them all together in a tree structure (in, out, up, down). At the moment I have to click for every task (EssentialPIM Business 7.21). Thanks! Michael
Max
Site Admin

Re: Bulk move of tasks (in, out, up, down) in trees?

Post by Max »

You can select multiple tasks and drag and drop them into place where you want them to be.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
logies
Guru

Re: Bulk move of tasks (in, out, up, down) in trees?

Post by logies »

Maxim, that does not work well in a tree structure. For bulk changing of due dates I can drag and drop tasks down from yesterday and throw them on a task of today (only when "View/by due date" is activated), making them children. But then I cannot bulk drag and drop these children one level to the left to un-children them. And I think these bulk moving operations should be possible with "> < etc. from the main menu" because using a mouse is much more error prone, especially when working remote over a bad connection.
logies
Guru

Outliner, list feature?, was: Bulk move of tasks (in, out, up, down) in trees?

Post by logies »

Bulk moving of items with arrow keys is standard behavior of many outliners:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outliner
So if EPIM could do this, it may replace these outliners, too. I`m still using the discontinued Pocketthinker, an outliner add-on for Outlook:
http://www.outlinersoftware.com/topics/viewt/589
Mourning the passing of Pocketthinker

Would be nice if I could consolidate, one program less... I could envision using the "list" feature for this, e. g. each "list" for one checklist, and interlink to them from tasks. Would this make sense? At the moment all tasks of all 7 people are on "list1" and we work with trees (each person one branch) and filtering. What is the concept of the "list"-feature? (Did find nothing in the help file.) Thanks!