iPhone-PC ToDo not syncing properly with dates

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
zoe1981

iPhone-PC ToDo not syncing properly with dates

Post by zoe1981 »

Hello - When I make changes on my PC to the date due for a particular To Do, it is not syncing properly with my iPhone.
Max
Site Admin

Re: iPhone-PC ToDo not syncing properly with dates

Post by Max »

Hello, thank you for reporting this!
Yesterday we have released 2.5 version (in App Store), can you reproduce problem with due dates there? So far I could not. If you can, I would appreciate screenshot of your task you create in EPIM.
There are, however, problems with Reminders for such To Do, which we will be promptly fixing.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
zoe1981

Post by zoe1981 »

Hello again. Yes, I have updated to the newest version for both PC and iOS. This is what is occuring: Everything syncs properly, except the due dates for the ToDo's. For some reason, when I create a ToDo with a due date on my PC and sync my iPhone, the due date is always 1 day behind. So if for example I create a ToDo with a due date of 10/2/12 on my PC, after syncing my iPhone, the ToDo will show up with the due date of 10/1/12.

I attached 2 images - "Test 1" created on PC with due date 9/28, and then the screenshot of "Test 1" synced on my iPhone. You can see that the due date is 9/27.

Thanks for your help!

Zoe
Attachments
iPhone Test 1 synced.PNG
iPhone Test 1 synced.PNG (72.3 KiB) Viewed 10602 times
PC Test 1.JPG
PC Test 1.JPG (120.3 KiB) Viewed 10602 times
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you for screenshots! We are working on new iOS version. Will check and fix it.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
zoe1981

Post by zoe1981 »

Ok thanks, that would be a great help.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

HI,

we have checked this issue. It looks like the problem is different timezones and/or dates set up on your computer and on you phone. Could you check that?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
zoe1981

Post by zoe1981 »

Hi again. I actually had already checked that before posting on the help forum. And the timezones are indeed accurate. I am in California, so GMT Pacific time.

It's still happening. Any To Do I create (or edit the date of) on my PC, when synced with iPhone, the To Do shows 1 day earlier every time. It only happens with the To Do's, and when I sync PC > iPhone (meaning a To Do that is created or edit the date of on my PC, then sync the changes to iPhone). The other way around (iPhone > PC) is fine. Please help me with this! Thanks!
Desperado

Post by Desperado »

I have the EXACT same problem on my iphone too using version 5.03 of the software, so this issue is not fixed
Desperado

Post by Desperado »

I'm sorry I made my dad purchase this program, it's messing up totally my dates created on the computer and I've checked time zones, etc., also it keeps creating multiple entries of both appointments and to do's, why can't this crap be fixed !!! This is January 2013 and I see where this problem has been occuring for MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hi,
the problem with date behind or in advance with 1 day is fixed in 5.5, please get it here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13359

Also, download latest 2.6 iOS EPIM from AppStore (appeared there today)

Would appreciate if you confirm it is fixed.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
simpak

Post by simpak »

zoe1981 wrote:Hello - When I make changes on my PC to the date due for a particular To Do, it is not syncing properly with my iPhone.
I experience that too, We need some help here :(
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

simpak wrote:
zoe1981 wrote:Hello - When I make changes on my PC to the date due for a particular To Do, it is not syncing properly with my iPhone.
I experience that too, We need some help here :(
This problem was fixed a long time ago. Tell which version number you are using on Windows and iOS.
Maxim,
EPIM Team