Calendar recurrence reminders bug and missing translations

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
Alfhw
Guru

Calendar recurrence reminders bug and missing translations

Post by Alfhw »

Hi,
I found a new bug that was not present in previous versions of Epim Pro for Android.
When I set an appointment in Calendar for a day (example Monday) with a sound reminder and a recurrence (example: 3 recurrences from Monday to Wednesday), the reminder should sounds first on Monday, then a second time on Tuesday and a third time on Wednesday. So it did in the past. But now (I think since Epim 4.1 or 4.2) all the reminders sounds and show up together on the first day and nothing in the next days! :shock:

I also found again missing translations (a lot!):
Main screen -> Impostazioni (Menù settings in english) -> Note: "Note settings" (in the title) must be translated with "Impostazioni Note"
Main screen -> Impostazioni -> Note: "Font size" must be translated with "Dimensione carattere"
Main screen -> Impostazioni -> Note: "Number of lines for text" must be translated with "Numero di linee per l'anteprima"

Main screen -> Impostazioni -> Contatti: "Contact settings" (in the title) with "Impostazioni Contatti"
Main screen -> Impostazioni -> Contatti: "Create events in Calendar" with "Crea eventi nel Calendario"
Main screen -> Impostazioni -> Contatti: "For anniversaries and birthdays" with "Per anniversari e compleanni"

Main screen -> Impostazioni -> Password: "Impostazioni" (in the title) with "Impostazioni Password"

Modules:
Calendario -> Menu button: "Filter categories" with "Filtra categorie"
Calendario -> Nuovo appuntamento (yellow button): "Completed" must be translated with "Completato"

Compiti -> Menu-Ordina per: "Manually" with "Manualmente"
Compiti -> Menu button: "Filter categories" with "Filtra categorie"
Compiti -> Nuovo compito (yellow button): "Add field" must be translated with "Aggiungi campo"
Compiti -> Nuovo compito (yellow button) -> Add field/Aggiungi campo: "Campo nome" must be changed in "Nome campo"

Note -> Menu-Ordina per: "Manually" with "Manualmente"

Contatti -> Nuovo Contatto: "Adesione" with "Gruppo"
Contatti -> Nuovo Contatto ->Menu Aggiungi gruppo: translate them with "Colleghi, Famiglia, Contatti frequenti, Amici, ???, VIP"
??? is for "Starred in Android" but I don't understand the meaning. :? Can you explain?

Password -> Nuova Password: "Membership" with "Gruppo"

You owe me a beer! 8)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Calendar recurrence reminders bug and missing translations

Post by admin »

Confirm the problem with reminders, will fix in the next update, thanks!

With regards to the missing translations. Would you be willing to insert suggested changes directly into the language file yourself? If yes, please let me know, will grant you an access to our online translation tool. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

Yes, I think I can do it. It would be easier than reporting translations in the forum. Thanks.

Regarding one of the translation in the previous message (at the end). Can you explain the meaning of "Starred in Android"? I found "starred" in the dictionary but I don't understand the meaning in that context.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good! I am going to send you an invitation within couple of minutes.

With regards to the "Starred in Android" phrase. This is for Google contacts marked with stars, in other words one of the system Google Contacts groups.
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

Hi, thanks for invitation. I've already logged in and translated many phrases.

However seems to me that some language files are missing in that online tool. I can't find anywhere, even with search box, the following missing translations of my first message:

Contatti -> Nuovo Contatto: "Adesione" with "Gruppo"
Contatti -> Nuovo Contatto ->Menu Aggiungi gruppo: translate them with "Colleghi, Famiglia, Contatti frequenti, Amici, Preferiti, VIP"

which in english are (Coworkers, Family, Frequent Contacts, Friends, Starred in Android, VIP)
Where are they?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good, thanks! About groups - these are Google Contacts system groups, coming directly from Google. I think they shouldn't be translated.
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

admin wrote:Good, thanks! About groups - these are Google Contacts system groups, coming directly from Google. I think they shouldn't be translated.
I've just checked on my stock Samsung S4 and Google Contacts system groups are translated in italian in the stock contacts app when I choose to create a new contact synced with Google account.
Also on my old HTC Sensation (with a plain cyanogenmod and original Google apps) they are translated in italian.
Even on my Asus tablet if I choose to sync contacts with Google account, they are translated in italian with the same exactly translations I suggested.

I suspect they are translated in every language in Android. Do you use your Android devices in estonian language or english?
IMHO they should be translated also on Epim.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, point taken, will discuss internally and probably implement the translation like you suggested.
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

admin wrote:Confirm the problem with reminders, will fix in the next update, thanks!
Hi,
this bug was fixed some weeks ago but in the last 4.2.6 version the bug has come back! :shock:
Just this evening I had that problem again after it was disappeared in the last two months. Please fix it again.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, cannot reproduce that. Will it happen with a test newly created appointment?
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

I've just tried twice but I cannot reproduce it again. :? Maybe because that reminder was an old one made 3 months ago?

This bug was fixed in past versions but seems that sometimes it comes back again for some reason. Will investigate.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's actually good :) Although, I doubt it could be an old reminder, seems more like an one time glitch.. Let's see if the problem returns in the future.
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

Hi,
unfortunately this bug comes out again!
See this video at sec 11-15: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=18890#p82712