Folders Sync is Random

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
JGM22
Novice

Folders Sync is Random

Post by JGM22 »

A lot (if not most) of the hierarchical folders from the computer did not sync properly to my Samsung Note 5. On the Android a lot of the folders that might be 3,4,5 levels down are now at the parent level, basically it lost the hierarchical format and is unusable (I need to use my computer to figure out where items belong, they are impossible to find on the Android this way).

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

I am using EPIM 7.2 Pro Portable on my laptop and the latest version on my Android.

Thank you,
sondheimer2
Experienced

Re: Folders Sync is Random

Post by sondheimer2 »

Yes - also the order of notes (or hierarchical order of folders) is distroyed with every sync. The only way is to rename folders beginning with numbers and to sort by title. This is very annoying...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

JGM22, did it happen after a particular action or just without any reason? Do you have the extended log feature enabled (you can check that by clicking on Tools->Options->Synchronization in Win EPIM)?

sondheimer2, which side does it happen - Android EPIM or Win EPIM? What does "distroyed" mean? How the notes are set to be sorted in Android EPIM?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
JGM22
Novice

Post by JGM22 »

I verified extended logging is currently disabled (unchecked). This has been on ongoing issue ever since I can remember. I actually performed a factory reset on my phone the other day and even after the first sync the hierarchical notes on the computer remained intact while they are randomly placed on my Samsung Note 5. I can supply screen shots (or logs) if that helps?

Thank you for the prompt reply, much appreciated as always...JGM
sondheimer2
Experienced

Post by sondheimer2 »

e.g. folders in EPIM for windows are placed in this order: "Something", "Anything", "Everyday" and "Monday". After first sync in android epim they appeare in this order: "Monday", "Everyday", "Anything", "Something" (sort order in win EPIM remains correct). Sort order of android epim: "manually". After manually ordering the folders in android EPIM in the same order as in win EPIM and sychronizing again, the folders are sorted again in the wrong order (Monday/Everyday/Anything/Something). Only when all folders in win EPIM are named with leading numbers (e.g. "01 Something", "02 Anything", "03 Everyday" and "04 Monday") the synchronization works correct if you use sort order "by title" in android EPIM (that's clear...). I'm wondering that nobody else has this problem!?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

JGM22, if you sort the notes using any of the sorting options in Andorid EPIM, will the order be preserved upon next sync?

sondheimer2, unable to reproduce that. Please mention your Windows EPIM and Android EPIM version numbers. Thanks.
sondheimer2
Experienced

Post by sondheimer2 »

Windows EPIM: Portable 7.2, Android EPIM: 4.5.1 - best regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks. Could you please try to reproduce the problem with the new Win EPIM database file?