Several Password Questions...

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
esj318

Several Password Questions...

Post by esj318 »

Hi - I'm new here please go easy on me.
I tried searching exactly what I needed but came up empty so decided to try my luck posting and asking.
I have several questions.

1 - I created a password for the password section in the app on my android tablet. I wrote it down, and wrote down the hint. I know what it is. But when I try to use it on the tablet it keeps telling me it's wrong. Can this be reset somehow? If not, can I delete and reinstall the app will it fix this issue for me maybe?

2 - I created a password on my android phone and it works fine except when I get in it keeps giving me a popup asking for the previous master password. There wasn't a previous one. I JUST created this one. Also written down to ensure I don't forget what it is.

Any help, tips, suggestions??

Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Several Password Questions...

Post by admin »

1. You can only reset your password if you know the existing one. If you don't then I'm afraid you'd need to uninstall and resintall the app (or clear its data from the app's system settings). Note, your data will be lost in either of the cases.
2. Do you sync your passwords with Google? If you do and you don't know the previous master password, log on to the web version of Google Drive, and check for the EPIM_Passwords.json.encr file located in the EssentialPIM root folder. Rename or delete it and you should be good to go. Note, your synchronization will start as new then.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
esj318

Post by esj318 »

As I wrote in first post, I wrote my password down and was reading it letter for letter off my page. So I KNOW my password.

Anyway, I reinstalled it and everything seems to be ok for now...except I'm still getting that "Please enter previous master password" pop up. Again, there IS NO previous master password. There is only one that I set when I first installed and run the program. Any ideas on that? I have no idea how you clear the data from the app system settings. Help?

I did set up a gdrive sync but I use the usb sync more. Of course I say more, yesterday is the first time I've ever used the program/app. Anyway, it is currently functioning perfectly on my tablet, but NOT my phone. The phone is the one with the pop up. May have to uninstall that too huh?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please check out the second point in my previous reply in order to get rid of the "Please enter previous master password" message.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!