Stumped and desperate...

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
bobmac1547
Guru

Stumped and desperate...

Post by bobmac1547 »

I've been trying to synchronize one particular calendar in EPIM-Win (11.7.4) with another calendar in the cloud so it can be shared. Since the person I want to share it with is on the same wifi as me (my wife) I could even share it locally, but it must appear on her iphone.

I've tried a bunch of syncronizations (iCloud, Google, etc.) but I can't get anything to work.

Can someone help me? I'm not that stupid, but I just can't seem to get the right combination of things done so that the sync works.

Should I just have her add EPIM iOS to her phone and sync to her phone over WiFi so she can see the calendar items?
Since in iPhone sync I can't select the calendars to sync, can I uncheck the unnecessary calendars in my EPIM-Win, do the sync manually, and then re-check them so I can see them? (I'm referring to important things like NASCAR subscriptions, etc. :lol: )

She's not a techie, but it's really important to share the calendar items that she needs to know about (medical appointments, mainly). But I'm lost about how to get it done...

Thanks in advance...and happy holidays to all...
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Stumped and desperate...

Post by admin »

bobmac1547 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:20 am Should I just have her add EPIM iOS to her phone and sync to her phone over WiFi so she can see the calendar items?
There are numerous potential options, and this particular one should work.
bobmac1547 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:20 amSince in iPhone sync I can't select the calendars to sync, can I uncheck the unnecessary calendars in my EPIM-Win, do the sync manually, and then re-check them so I can see them? (I'm referring to important things like NASCAR subscriptions, etc. :lol: )
Simply mark these calendars as private and ensure that the EPIM options are set up not to sync private calendars.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

How can I sync to a specific phone if I have two iphones I want to sync to? I want everything synced to mine, but only the calendar syncd to my wife's phone. I could not see how to do this?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can customize the synchronization settings for each connected device by navigating to Tools -> Options -> Synchronization and selecting the desired device.
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

I'm back again...

Now I have the additional requirement of syncing with someone NOT on our local WiFi. I've seen it said that we can sync over cellular data and avoid using the cloud. But how does that work. A description of this or a link to the information would be great!

No, I have not yet gotten any synchronization to work as my target seems to be moving. (I remarried and inherited a large extended family!) So I remain without a way to synchronize and coordinate calendars for medical appointments, family events, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please have a look at the following topic in the online documentation: https://www.essentialpim.com/help/synch ... _cable.htm.

However, synchronization via EPIM cloud should be much simpler.
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

Thank You Very Much.

But before I bat my head against the wall, I noticed that the cellular data instructions are specifically for android. Do they apply as well for iOS?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately, the instruction cannot be applied for iOS.
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

So, I'm back to square one! :(

Any other help from ANYONE? :?: :?: :?: :?:

I'm trying to do this with iOS!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:

DavidN
Guru

Post by DavidN »

I sync my calendar to Google. It works great with EPIM. I had similar struggles years ago but most have been resolved. Are you able to sync to a google calendar? If so setup a new sync just syncing that particular calendar and then log into Google and share that calendar.

It is possible that I am misunderstanding but I hope this helps.
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

As much as I dislike Google, I've finally sync'd my calendar and tasks with them. I just plain works!
I wish others did as good as a job technically as Google does. I just don't like their policies. But, then again, everything there is "free." At least from cash payments. You pay with your data. So I make sure nothing of value is put up there.

Caveat emptor!