EPIM's poor GUI is making it almost unusable

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

firstoftwins
Guru

EPIM's poor GUI is making it almost unusable

Post by firstoftwins »

When making a new entry in the password module, for example, the entry info boxes only allow 14 characters. It’s only after completing the entry that the window expands to its full length to show what’s been typed. I’ve noticed these narrow window boxes in other modules, too, and unless I keep the general font size to just 100% in Windows’ 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display', the week numbers in calendar module are partially cut out because the calendar shifts over to the left. Unlike other email programs such as Thunderbird, Forte Agent and just about every other application with a GUI, EPIM’s interface breaks down if the general font size preference in Windows is changed. I brought this issue to this forum in May last year and was told that it was a problem that cannot easily be fixed, and that “many applications would have their interface broken one way or another at 125% setting.” I’m sorry to have to disagree on this point after using Thunderbird and Forte Agent, but I really must because EPIM’s user interface really ought to be able to cope like the other programs I’m being forced to use now. I didn't think it would be an issue for me, but I'm finding that it is an issue now.
Max
Site Admin

Re: EPIM's poor GUI is making it almost unusable

Post by Max »

Thank you for the comments, which we appreciate. Depending on the demand, we might work on it, but so far there is much more demand on new features.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

" .... but so far there is much more demand on new features"? No, there is always a greater demand to get the existing features to work properly before adding new broken ones. The entry info boxes in all the modules are far too narrow, allowing only 14 characters at most, and the user interface needs to be fixed before adding new features. I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription again.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I understand your concern. We might improve gradually this issue in next version. But generally, it looks like very few people (at least active on the forum and those writing to our support) use enlarged DPI.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
slackjack
Novice

Post by slackjack »

Hi,
Sorry to make this late post on a topic which is now 3 months old, but the reason why I'm not commenting on the font issue is because I've given up. I'm staying on Version 4.2.4 and not ugrading.
Trinitylab
Guru

Post by Trinitylab »

But generally, it looks like very few people (at least active on the forum and those writing to our support)
Max, that is true, why - because others work.
If you develop the software basing on the sent demands that means "who has time to write it". People buy the software to work on it not to report bugs.
And someone wrote above the same I was reporting to the support: if you introduce new features not improving (or making working) the existing ones it is a terrible mistake for the future.
So far you can find here "the suggestions" alike "i need to organize the titles of my movies".
Really this is an honest advice: improve, eliminate all the bugs first to offer a stable product.
EPIM Pro Business Network always newest
Win 8.1 Pro 64x, C2D 2x3GHz, 16 GB RAM or Win 10 Pro, i7, 16 GB RAM.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you for the advice, it is respectfully noted. However, any software vendor will confirm you- unfortunately, there is no software without bugs, so your advice is impossible to fulfill.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Trinitylab
Guru

Post by Trinitylab »

"there is no software without bugs"
Absolutely, that is true, my bad, not "all" the bugs, I meant "repeated difficulties with the basic, main functions the given software is supposed to do" :))
Just to give you the example:
I used to work on Outlook for... 4.5 year - it never crashed or whatsoever, all the basic calendar functions worked perfectly.
I have been working for 2.5 year on Total Organizer Pro - crashed once, calendar - the same, just reliable.
EPIM, however very cheap comparing to the competition, crashes a couple of times per day. This is a difference and as we decided to use your software we would love to see it stable. Even to recommend it to the business co-operatives.
Just look at this from another, financial side: even if you have many features but too many "daily" bugs you do not want to recommend it to, let's say, your business partners because they will get angry following your recommendation.
I think you might compete even with MS Outlook, (which is about business use, every corporation we provide services uses Outlook) offering less and stable. Most of small companies (like ours) cannot afford Outlook unit prices, need usually less than it offers but need the stability of use.
And I am sure for you it would be more profitable to sell more in 20-unit packages for small businesses.
I am truly with you, however become sometimes annoyed. :)))
We, as the small company, have such an experience: the clients are international companies, that means we need to understand the big companies needs: the stability is number one.
EPIM Pro Business Network always newest
Win 8.1 Pro 64x, C2D 2x3GHz, 16 GB RAM or Win 10 Pro, i7, 16 GB RAM.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Trinitylab, thank you for clarification. You can be sure that we are constantly working on error logs that are sent to us.
Your idea is clear, thank you. We will take it into consideration, there is no need to make more messages on this topic.
Maxim,
EPIM Team