Japanese character problem.

The forum for translators and users of localized versions
katnipkitkat
Novice

Japanese character problem.

Post by katnipkitkat »

I am using EssentialPIM v.02 on a Japanese Windows 2000 system. I can input Japanese just fine, works fine with the contacts and calander, I can send mail in Japanese but when I receive mail in Japanese although the title displays just fine the text either shows as just white boxes or garbage. I really wanted to use this as my email client but about 95% of my communication is in Japanese and this problem makes EssentialPIM completely useless for my needs. The program claimed to have Japanese support and it is really annoying to find this problem >after< I go through the trouble of setting up all my contacts and sending a bunch of e-mail assuming the program works only to discover I can't read anything anyone sent me.

I was just fiddling with some settings and if I uncheck Reply to messages in the format in which they were sent, then although in the inbox display list when I click on a mail the text still isn't displayed correctly but if I hit reply then I can see the correctly displayed Japanese characters in the quoted text.
Max
Site Admin

Re: Japanese character problem.

Post by Max »

Hi,

can you select any of the problem messages in Inbox, then use File-> Export to export this message into EML and send it to me at ma@essential...It would also be good if you include a screenshot of how message displays in your Inbox.
We will try to reproduce the problem. If we are able to do it, we can fix EPIM almost immediately.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
katnipkitkat
Novice

Post by katnipkitkat »

Ok, I just sent the mail you asked for.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hi,

the problem is with Windows 2000. EPIM uses Courier New font to display the emails. Looks like the font is outdated in this version of windows. If you can, you could try to update it,- that should help. But please note that Windows 2000 is not in the list of supported OS by EPIM.
Maxim,
EPIM Team