Lo sentimos, de momento, esta sección del sitio web solamente está disponible en inglés. Sin embargo, siempre puede usar Google Translate para leerla en español.
News and Updates About EssentialPIM
Keep up on the latest news and insights
True confession. About a year ago I began moving my notes from EssentialPIM to another app even though I have been an EPIM user and beta tester for 14 years — almost from the day it came out. The fling didn't last long, and I am committed to EPIM as my notes app once again. This is the story.
- Improved merging of duplicated contacts
- More user-friendly instant search in all modules
- Sorting of tasks by modified date will work as expected now
- Copy&paste bug shouldn't be an issue anymore
- Fixed issue with missing fields when creating tasks and events
- Other minor fixes and performance improvements
When you trust your personal information to a software program, you expect a lot, such as
- Flexibility. It has to handle the variety in your life - your schedule and friends, your random thoughts and what you have to do, and even the passwords to your various accounts.
- Usability. You want that friend's phone number fast and without a lot of taps on the screen or clicks of the mouse.
- Portability. You get around and your information has to be right with you, fingertip close. Whether on a phone or tablet or desktop, you need what you need to know at hand, whenever and wherever.
- Use OR, AND, NOT [or AND NOT] operators in search
- Backup app settings along with other data
- See the number of found items in search
- Set the default duration for events
- Merge similar or duplicate contacts
- Adjust time scale in calendar
- Rich text support in notes field for different type of items
- Improved iCal (.ICS) files export of events and tasks (using Share)
- Other improvements and fixes
We announce the immediately availability of EssentialPIM 8.63. There's couple of improvements in the new version including quicker formatting for notes' names, more commonly known shortcut for pasting formatted text as plain one (Ctrl+Shift+V) and better handling of the send via email feature. Various minor bug fixes and performance improvements are also among the changes. For a detailed list of what's new see the Version History page. All users of the earlier EPIM versions are encouraged to upgrade to this release.
The Pro version update is free for the regular 1-year of free updates license owners if they already have EPIM 8.6x, regardless of the license expiration date. The lifetime license owners get this update for free, as usual. If you need to renew your existing license or get a new one, visit the Pricing page.
The new version is rolling out in stages so you can either wait till you get an update prompt or download it manually from the Get EPIM page.
EssentialPIM for Android was recently featured as an app of the day on DownloadAstro, an online blog with 10 million monthly visits from users interested in technology.
They also took a short interview with one of Astonsoft founders, Victor Potapov, you can read the interview below.
Michael's daughter has soccer practice after work every Thursday and he routinely has her there on time. Madhu is writing a book and has organized a mass of notes and resources for her project. Meanwhile, Jorge logs into his investment accounts several times a day without effort.
What keeps these active adults on track? Each one uses an app for personal information management, or PIM. Early PIMs in the 1990s were hand-held devices, also called Personal Digital Assistants (PDA), but now we think of personal information management as the software that has evolved independently of devices or even as a field of study.
Let’s use the acronym itself to see how PIM software keeps Michael, Madhu and Jorge in charge.
We announce the immediate availability of EPIM 8.62. It comes with a new feature that will allow you to get new email messages instantly (works for IMAP accounts) the moment they arrive on the mail server. The new version also offers the ability to add multiple attachments to newsletters at once, includes improvements related to CSV import of calendar events, printing of envelopes, handling of identities for email accounts, and couple of UI enhancements. The full list of changes is recorded in the Version History.
For downloads, please visit the Get EPIM page or click on Help->Check for Updates in EssentialPIM.
Update of the Pro version is free for you in case of a lifetime license or if your license is the regular 1 year of free updates one and you already have the 8.6x series version of EPIM installed.
We are glad to announce the 8.61 version release of EssentialPIM Pro and EssentialPIM Free. This release brings back and improves ability to create links not only to files but to folders, as well. New mail notifications have been updated to work through the system notification settings on Windows 10. And you can now simultaneously edit notes as in the main view as in the separate dialog window, information will be correctly updated on both sides. There's also couple of improvements and fixes included, the detailed list of these can be found on the Version History page.
If you haven't installed the new version yet, head over to the Get EPIM page.
Update to the 8.61 Pro version is free for anyone with the lifetime license and for users with the 1-year of free updates license regardless of the license expiration date if you already have the 8.6 version installed.
We are proud to announce the immediate availability of the new major release version of EssentialPIM Free and EssentialPIM Pro 8.6. Version 8.6 offers quite a lot of new features and improvements, some of them are:
- Global "search and replace" feature in Advanced Search*
You can now search for and replace any text in any EssentialPIM item from a single dialog. Should be very convenient if information you're going to change is spread over the database in different EPIM modules.
- Export notes into multiple individual files in one operation*
Not only you're able to do so now but there's also ability to choose file naming templates for easy indexing.
- Dialer in contacts has been completely revamped to be compatible with VoIP apps*
We're moving away from the Windows built in dial-up manager, you will be able to use any app for making VoIP calls from contacts.
- Auto checking of hyperlinks for broken ones within EPIM database*
EssentialPIM will highlight in red broken on non-existent links to other items so that you can quickly spot them.
- Business version offers extended information about items and users that have access to them*
This information is available in the Properties window (right click on any item) and in the special column in all table views in all modules. You will also be able to quickly change access rights from the Properties window.
- Import tasks and appointments from CSV files
With ability to choose which fields are going to be imported into EssentialPIM.
- Display of additional recurrence info for appointments and tasks
You will be able to see this information when editing recurring appointments or tasks.
- Finding the right folder in mail is now easier
Main account folders are now shown in bold. If you collapse a set of folders and there's folders with unread messages, this is now going to be indicated by a special badge.
- Additional months column in the Year view in calendar
Should be easier to navigate through the year view when there's an additional months column on the right.
- A single installer for the Desktop and Portable versions
Download the executable file, run it and simply choose which version you'd like to be installed.
*Only in EssentialPIM Pro
The detailed list of all the changes can be seen on the Version History page.
To upgrade to the latest version, please click on Help->Check for Updates from within EssentialPIM or download the new version manually from the Get EPIM page.
Update to EssentialPIM Pro 8.6 is free for you if your regular EssenitalPIM Pro license with 1-year of free updates was acquired after the October 1-st of 2018. To renew the license, please visit the Pricing page. If you own a lifetime license, this and all the future updates are included in it.