What is your favorite EssentialPIM Feature?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

What is your favorite EssentialPIM Feature?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Various synchronization options
13%
Android version
33%
iOS version
No votes
Cross-links (hyperlinks within database)
47%
Newsletter feature
7%
Multiple Sorting/filtering
No votes
Other (write your feature in comments)
No votes

Total votes: 15

snuffytu
Novice

Re: What is your favorite EssentialPIM Feature?

Post by snuffytu »

My favorite feature is the ability to compose a newsletter and send it to multiple email addresses BUT the newsletter (email) is composed in individual emails vice one email with a collective header. This is important because if you are sending this same message to say...400 emailers...there will be 400 separate messages go out. This method allows your single message to get through vice having a SPAM filter reject the one message with a whole lot of addresses. This has allowed me to send messages to several AOL users whereas if it was one message to many, the AOL filters would reject the email.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

snuffytu wrote:My favorite feature is the ability to compose a newsletter and send it to multiple email addresses BUT the newsletter (email) is composed in individual emails vice one email with a collective header. This is important because if you are sending this same message to say...400 emailers...there will be 400 separate messages go out. This method allows your single message to get through vice having a SPAM filter reject the one message with a whole lot of addresses. This has allowed me to send messages to several AOL users whereas if it was one message to many, the AOL filters would reject the email.
Thank you. Sending individual emails allows to send a custom message to each recipient.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Lorry

Post by Lorry »

All I really want is a word-count to be displayed on the lower status bar in Notes - As I said in another note, I am paid by the word (or at least limited to a word count) so at the moment I have to type up articles in Notepad++ and then post them to EssentialPIM for archive afterwards. With a wordcount I could just use one single application and I can't be the only person who uses it this way I am sure :)
austingrd
Experienced

Post by austingrd »

Not everyone appreciate this feature but I like the Newsletter. Image
dhannotte

Post by dhannotte »

Evernote allows me to keep my notes as text files on my desktop computer where I can edit them in my favorite editor. (As a software developer, I have a very powerful text editor that I'd much rather use than the simple one built into EssentialPIM.) I would love it if EssentialPIM automatically imported my updated notes to all my devices, either at regular intervals or when I click "Sync Now".
Texter
Guru

Post by Texter »

the "search for updates" feature. I'm always looking forward to new releases and possibilities to use EPIM ;)
Epim-User since 12/2007 - changed to pro later - never change a running system - now Epim Lifetime.
Running latest* Epim Pro Portable on a Lenovo T14p with Win 10 64bit.
*including RC`s
spoken languages: German / English
123mg

Post by 123mg »

It would be great to say that you can organise with your own database either in contact module or in to do module. Mostly, I like the filtering feature in contacts, which is worth enough to mention.
Great organiser.!!!!!!!
GanesanM
gstech
Novice

Post by gstech »

Definitely more customization options in the database and preset fields for different data types in custom fields.. be it TO DO module or others. ( already posted a feature request for that )

Drag and drop options for URL's from browsers so that we can save important links by dropping them in EPIM or a full bookmark manger
kb5cth
Guru

Post by kb5cth »

Without a doubt, the main thing that sold me on Epim was that it had an android version and synced directly to it.

Bill
Efkan.Sarikaya

Post by Efkan.Sarikaya »

It will be good to create a To Do and assign it to Notes. Is this feature are in plan ?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Efkan.Sarikaya wrote:It will be good to create a To Do and assign it to Notes. Is this feature are in plan ?
You can hyperlink items to other items in Pro version.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
glenn59
Guru

Post by glenn59 »

Most favorite, is that it is conveniently on my android. That being said, the second most is that I can synchronize without the cloud, otherwise, I would not be able to use it for security reasons. That being said, I can also password protect the data, also making IT folks a bit more at ease.
On top of all that, I can hyperlink the various scattered data, at least on the To Go and Desktop versions. Based on what the development team has done so far, it's only a matter of time before the links work on Android too.
EPIM Android Pro v5.7.4 -Samsung Galaxy S5(SM-G900V) - Android OS v5.0
EPIM Portable Pro V6.0 RC2 - Windows 7; XP
EPIM Desktop Pro V8.64 - Windows 7
salamander
Novice

Post by salamander »

Feature request: Proper multi-user secure networability without usinga VPN.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

salamander wrote:Feature request: Proper multi-user secure networability without usinga VPN.
Please be more specific what you mean or refer to corresponding topic discussing this. EPIM is secure over network with encrypted database.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
salamander
Novice

Post by salamander »

Please see my post of today about syncing remote users. This will be a more and more demanded necessity with home-working staff.