Why do you like EssentialPIM?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Tunesy

Post by Tunesy »

...for heaven's sake, please don't emulate 'do-Organizer'. I don't know why the earlier poster prefers it. Take a look at their screen shots. Sheesh. Do-Organizer Looks like the reigning king of clutter to me.
MV
Novice

Post by MV »

I've used a free version for some time and I really liked it immediately.
It is small, fast, and no-nonsense.
It does exactly what I need and it lacks unnecessary 'bloat'.

Recently I looked into version 2.
Appearance is now even nicer than before.

Only one thing though: I hope all bugs get resolved reliably soon, before adding other features.

Good luck!
MV
Novice

Post by MV »

MV wrote:I've used a free version for some time and I really liked it immediately.
It is small, fast, and no-nonsense.
It does exactly what I need and it lacks unnecessary 'bloat'.

Recently I looked into version 2.
Appearance is now even nicer than before.

Only one thing though: I hope all bugs get resolved reliably soon, before adding other features.

Good luck!

And I forgot some points:
- I have tried many different PIM's but most of them can't synchronize with pocket PC.
- I also tried MS Outlook 2003, which does sync, but I really HATE the rest of Outlook!
(I could elaborate on the reasons, but I'm afraid there's not enough space in this message body to contain my complaints.)

regards,
metre9dmt

What is to like about EssentialPIM

Post by metre9dmt »

1. It works even without the annoying ads like some.
2. It works free but need to buy the professional version to get the cool features (but of course! ;-)).
3. It works even if you don't read the help coz it's that easy to use.
4. It works coz of its small size I can even use it with a 128 MB USB flash drive.
5. It works coz it has fast database search (Firebird!).
6. It works coz it doesn't have bugs like Microsoft products ;-).
7. It just simply works.
MV
Novice

Re: What is to like about EssentialPIM

Post by MV »

metre9dmt wrote:1. It works even without the annoying ads like some.
2. It works free but need to buy the professional version to get the cool features (but of course! ;-)).
3. It works even if you don't read the help coz it's that easy to use.
4. It works coz of its small size I can even use it with a 128 MB USB flash drive.
5. It works coz it has fast database search (Firebird!).
6. It works coz it doesn't have bugs like Microsoft products ;-).
7. It just simply works.

I'm afraid as to point 6 we've been too optimistic yet (EssentialPIM 2.0)
For the time being I reverted to version 1.95

regards,
Fansen
Novice

Why I Like Essential PIM

Post by Fansen »

Just 3 words,

Portable (I can leave the laptop at home)
Cheap (I only had to ask once for the boss to buy it)
Functionable (without bloat and overkill)
remilk
Novice

EP Pro - Great Program

Post by remilk »

I started by using by using the free version, then upgraded to the Pro Version. I use EP Pro on a 4G USB drive which goes with me everywhere. This frees me from lugging my laptop back-and-forth between my work assignment location and home or other locations.

My company-supplied laptop and my at-home PC both have Outlook. I have used Outlook for many years, yett I prefer EP Pro.

I especially like the fact that I leave no information from or about EP PRO on 'foreign/public' PCs (libraries, hotel lobbies, etc.).

I keep my Treo 700W synced with EP Pro.

I consider it a valuable piece of software for road warriors.

Bob
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you Bob!
Maxim,
EPIM Team
paffett1069
Experienced

Post by paffett1069 »

In my opinion the best thing about EPIM is that it is the only PIM software I have found that is so completely and easily portable. My thumb drive is like my briefcase and EPIM has replaced my day planner.
moloko
Beta Team

Post by moloko »

moloko wrote:I like the fact that Epim is quick to start up and easy to use. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate throughout. There is no clutter or bloat in this software and I love how I can take and use on my thumbdrive.
I was the first to reply and want to add more since i just added to the post on what I don't like.

1. I do like the new interface. At first I was wary but I grown on it and find it very easy to use. This is something that is subjective though.

2. For the most part, Max and the rest of the team have listened to many of the customers requests and tried to implement them.

3. Features keep building while not getting crazy bloated...
An "F" in english? Bobby you speak english.
John Tindall

[b]A great help for me[/b]

Post by John Tindall »

Hi everbody,
i'm 46 & am having to learn that my memory is not as good as it used to be.
Furthermore i have found that i have pieces of information in too many places
& when i need it i can't find it. In 25 Years of travel i have accumulated
an enormous amount of paper which i am starting to put in the bin.
The EPIM & my U3 stick are a super help for me to get things sorted
& have access immediately available. My wife is also happy
Thank you
:D
km19144

Recent convert....

Post by km19144 »

I've read and agree with jsut about every post in this section.

Over the past 4-5 years, I've tried almost EVERY software PIM package out there. I've only come upon your product recently and I can say with (personal) authority that your package has something "special".

As a user, this is my personal profile. I think most serious PIM users have the same characteristics:

- Started out on MS Outlook and I evaluate all other PIMs vs. this standard
- I want to move away from MS Outlook but I also want an easy transfer/port of data
- I'm very mobile and I don't want my info. to be "tied" to one PC.
- I'm interested in having both local (desktop, PPC) access and web-based access to my info. (with easy syncs between all)
- I own a PPC and a Blackberry
- I use Google as my online "backup" to MS Outlook (i.e. if I forget to bring my PPC)
- I value on-screen filters and customized displays over printed reports
- I'm constantly learning/using new personal performance "systems" . (ex: GTD, Agile PM)
- I sometimes share/delegate my appointments/tasks with others via email or Google Calendar
- I'm willing to spend (on average) up to 60-90 minutes/day updating my PIM.
- I place a high value on finding the right info. within 3-5 seconds of starting to search for it.

I've only started my evaluation but I can readily see how Essential's PIM feature set, small footprint, multi-platform support, mobility and ease of use is much better than MS Outlook.

So, if the remaining eval period is just as positive, you'll definitely have a new customer.

There are many suggestions and wishlist items I have for the product. But I'll save that until after I see the upcoming release...

My only suggestion for the company (if its not already done) is to publish a "product roadmap" spelling out what specific features are queued for future releases and what date is the target date for your next immediate release.

Once again, thanks for making a truly quality product...!!!

...KM....
wrh61

Much simplier than Outlook

Post by wrh61 »

It's functionality is very sweet and simple; even if I'm new . I use external apps for email and have no use for Outlook type overkill and hidden settings "hunt". I am constantly surprised how common apps leave the issue of "end-user" type understanding out of the loop. As long as PIM approaches things from a newbie end-user EACH TIME they introduce a new add on; u will keep my business....Don't let the coders have the final say. Thanks!
sydnysidr

Transparency usage with desktop version?

Post by sydnysidr »

Hi MAx:
I started unsing EPIM on my U3 stick and its way better than anything else i have seen. I am not a fan of Outlook and after seeing a recent laptop problem with a friend and difficulty in helping him bring back Outlook data, I want to stick with EPIM.
I plan to download EPIM to my desktop at work, but save the database to my stick and continue to use the stick with my laptop at home.
So my question is, and forgive me if this has been answered before in one of the other forums, if I install EPIM on my desktop at work, will the database I bring over to the stick when i use my laptop have any major issues or difficulties?
I dont have major demands of EPIM, but for basic stuff I hope there is no conversion problem.
Thanks Max and all of you out there!
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you for the praise!
Yes, you can use database across desktops and portable versions. As long as all your EPIM's are of the same version number (currently 2.2) you should have no trouble using it.
Maxim,
EPIM Team