Why do you like EssentialPIM?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

prophet05
Novice

Post by prophet05 »

Great functionality without the bloat. Tried many other PIM managers and they couldn't compare with the lightwieght EPIM has or the great functionality.
keyboarder
Beta Team

Post by keyboarder »

Despite I have been using Mac. I found that iCal is very intuitive the best PIM in the world of mac. where as I'm unable to managed my ics files with mozilla calendar in Windows. it is in a very first stage of the programme. i found myself later on that essentialpim is one of the best pim in Windows. Its fast, small, and easy to use interface let me think about the support in ics format but i see that it is come at last.

your programme rock!

cheers,

ps. i'm still using both ical on my Mac and EssentialPIM on my pc as well. I had introduces this little cool app to many ppl I know and they're very happy about using it a lot.
cyclwestks
Novice

Post by cyclwestks »

Mobile, Mobile, Mobile!!! The opportunity to leave Outlook behind, but not 7 or 8 yrs worth of data was what got me interested. I started looking at how to sync work & home, & came across EPIM after I bought my USB drive.

After I had synced over 500 contacts, & several years of data in just a couple minutes, I knew I'd found my new portable PIM.
PastorJason
Beta Team

Post by PastorJason »

Great product, always under development, excellent support & active forum.
----- Jason -----
jbracer
Novice

Post by jbracer »

Being mobile was the number one reason I checked it out in the first place. I was then really pleasantly surprised at the usability, but I still had my doubts.

But having hierarchical to-do's is awesome and was the determining factor in my finally deciding to abandon Outlook for task management. This features creates essentially a mini-Project manager. I was tired of the ridiculously long To-Do list in Outlook, and using Categories in outlook to organize Tasks is unworkable (creating categories and sub-categories to manage dependencies is one crazy idea)

Your marketing folks knew what they were doing when they made this a feature of the Pro version. It is the ONLY reason why I'm going to upgrade to the Pro version, but boy it's so worth the money.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you everyone!:) We will be adding more and more features in forthcoming 1.8
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Sil

Post by Sil »

Simple, little things I like:

- fully functional demo - using the monthly view, adding a task that spans >1 day and it shows overlaping those days in the calendar - color coding tasks - viewing the calendar in a table view and sorting the tasks/events according to their color codes. Thank you PIM.
gtech
Beta Team

Post by gtech »

The main reason I like EssentialPIM compared to the other ones I tried is the the fact that there is a Portable version.

Before, I had to install a program on every computer I use, and the data on a USB memory stick. Now, I everything on the USB stick.

Recently, I even bought a new and smaller USB stick to replace a bigger USB microdrive I was using before because of that. I can now bring everything I need with me instead of keeping a part on my laptop and a part on the USB stick.

Another detail is the language support.

And the last thing is that I just love it and the way it works.

A last addition: Today, I just found out that 2 other programs (password managers) that were supposed to work from a memory stick are causing me problems on a Win 2000 system where I work. It seems that they are trying to write some data in the System Registry. I get the error "failed to write data to rc".

The good news is that EssentialPIM runs without any problem on the same computer from the same memory stick. That was I call portable...

Gilles
TravMan1963
Novice

It works

Post by TravMan1963 »

After using Lotus Organizer for years, then having it crash on XP, I really needed a good, stable orgainizer.

EPIM is very intuitive, fast, and lightweight. The portable version works well too - I've created db's on XP - and went to 98 machines without a hiccup.

Slick interface, automatic backups, - did I mention free versions!?

EPIM does most of what Lotus did, and it's faster (and stable!)

The HTML views are good, and the printing option beats Lotus by a mile!

In the notes section you can highlight the text (in multiple ways), insert images, and really do a bunch of stuff - that Lotus couldn't dream of. (To be fair - Lotus was more configurable - icons and functions could make it more personable, but it was quite a bit bigger program too)

Good stuff!

TM
sphinxmoro

Post by sphinxmoro »

Hello,
I love EPIM for:
simplicity,
always available
sync with my PDA
bbriley
Novice

Why I like EPIM Pro

Post by bbriley »

It does NOT require that I open Outlook 2003 to check my schedule. It runs with a light footprint, allows me to synch my data with all that I had in OUtlook, and it gives me the freedom to use non-Outlook mail programs while still having the notes-tasks-calendaring-reminder functions. A great program.
B Riley in New Mexico. "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me." This is our function, our challenge, our fulfillment.
taiwanho
Novice

Post by taiwanho »

I have also tried other PIM type software, and a great deal of groupware. I had actually given up ever finding something that would fit my needs, and I was dubious that this would be any better when I downloaded the free version.

I was wrong.

I love the simplicity. Virtually no learning curve; you run it and use it straight away. Simplicity yet with the features I want was probably the main reason for trying it in the first place.

The fact that development seems active is important to me as well. There are extra features I would love to see, but I see they are already in the works.

And of course the portability. That absolutely rocks. Running the program off my USB stick is fantastic. I have had no trouble on Win 98, Win 2000 and XP, all of which I have to use regularly. I have never had any glimmer of a problem on any of them. It has been incredibly reliable so far (hope I didn't just tempt fate)!

In fact, I have come to rely on the software now. I have upgraded to the Pro version and will buy it this month.

Great, great, job.

I cannot wait to see what you have in store for the online version.
somma

Post by somma »

Thank you for nice input!
taiwanho
Novice

Post by taiwanho »

But it doesn't seem to be able to run on a USB stick nor older OSs. That is the power of EPIM for me...
mario
Beta Team

Post by mario »

I am in love with this program because

- it is fast
- it is easy
- it is powerful
- it has a wonderful, responsive and friendly support and development people
- it is soooo nice and good looking
- it is flexible
- it is updated and improved often
- it is PORTABLE