Creating new Password Field in the New Password Entry Window

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

takertx
Novice

Creating new Password Field in the New Password Entry Window

Post by takertx »

Hi Everybody,

I have been wondering how can one create two more password entry fields under the New Password Entry Window? From the looks of things you can only create plain text entry fields and not dotted password fields.

Two reasons why I am asking this particular question:
  • There are many websites that either ask for two passwords, in form of multi-factor authentication or have security questions. I am not comfortable storing either one in plain text
  • The New Password Entry fields can be modified using the Upward arrow, downward arrow and a trash can icons. This is also included for the password entry fields as well. I have not deleted the password Entry field yet, but if there is a delete feature present, there shouldbe a way to add more such fields as well
Thanks.
Max
Site Admin

Re: Creating new Password Field in the New Password Entry Window

Post by Max »

Hello,

1. - there is no such feature. I also must note that storing second-factor password entry anywhere significantly diminishes security
2.- there is an "Add Field" button that adds new field into password entry
Maxim,
EPIM Team
takertx
Novice

Post by takertx »

Max wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 9:46 am Hello,

1. - there is no such feature. I also must note that storing second-factor password entry anywhere significantly diminishes security
1. it is sad that no such feature exists as of yet, especially since as you said in number 2 the capability to add new fields into the password entry exists already.

With regards to the storage of the second-factor authentication anywhere diminishing the security aspect of the practice altogether, by that mentality so is the notion of saving your initial passwords inside your application to begin with! besides not all the information I want to store are the second factor authentication passwords, some websites, and domains require multiple passwords each of which granting you different capabilities while in use, Linux environments for example.

2. since the feature already exists, is it possible to ask for the addition of the possibility to add and remove additional password and password confirmation fields in the password entry window for the next update of the application? If that is so, I find it very odd if it isn't to be honest, how and where should I request the new feature implementation for the next version?

Thanks
colinconner

Post by colinconner »

takertx wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 4:40 pm
Max wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 9:46 am Hello,

1. it is sad that no such feature exists as of yet, especially since as you said in number 2 the capability to add new fields into the password entry exists already.

With regards to the storage of the second-factor authentication anywhere diminishing the security aspect of the practice altogether, by that mentality so is the notion of saving your initial passwords inside your application to begin with! besides not all the information I want to store are the second factor authentication passwords, some websites, and domains require multiple passwords each of which granting you different capabilities while in use, Linux environments for example.

2. since the feature already exists, is it possible to ask for the addition of the possibility to add and remove additional password and password confirmation fields in the password entry window for the next update of the application? If that is so, I find it very odd if it isn't to be honest, how and where should I request the new feature implementation for the next version?

Thanks
Maybe this feature will appear someday :)
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

In one of the next versions we will add possibility to add more password fields in Password module.
Maxim,
EPIM Team