EssentialPIM Pro&Free 7.5 Release Candidate 1 is here!

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Max
Site Admin

EssentialPIM Pro&Free 7.5 Release Candidate 1 is here!

Post by Max »

Hello,

we are glad to announce immediate availability of Release Candidate for version 7.5.
This is one of the biggest updates we have ever done: there are a lot of new major features and significant improvements in all modules.

Download Pro version:
EPIM Pro Desktop
EPIM Pro Portable

Download Free version:
EPIM Free Desktop
EPIM Free Portable

EPIM Synchronizer
EPIM Archiver/DupeRemover

New features:
  • Office 365/Outlook.com online synchronization *
  • Secure password synchronization with Google Drive (also works with EPIM for Android)
  • Offline mode, whereby EPIM supresses all attempts to use Internet and works autonomously (File-> Work offline) *
  • It is now possible to subscribe to iCal calendars, pulling updates from the calendars automatically (use File-> Subscriptions menu) *
  • It is possible to request read receipt for all outgoing messages (see mail Identity window)
  • Properties of each item, showing when item was created and last changed (right-click on an item-> Properties) *
  • It is now possible to export selected items into another EPIM database and it is possible to import another EPIM database
  • Canned responses- it is possible insert pre-saved pieces of text (New Mail-> Insert-> Canned response) *
  • Feature to apply the column setup to different views (right-click on column names-> Apply columns to)
  • Alt+ click on an element (opens in a new window)
Improvements:
  • Mail (IMAP and especially Gmail) support significantly improved- faster, better recognition of folders
  • Related items tab and hyperlinking heavily improved for better display of recurring events
  • Improvement for oAuth Gmail setup
  • Envelope printing remembers template
  • UI improvements for Sticky Notes
  • Improved items export/import
  • Improved Calendar behaviours
  • Improved handling IMAP folders and IMAP synchronization in general
  • Category synchronization improvement for compatibility with Android version
  • Moved to new DropBox API and improved authorization
  • Improved changing dates for Calendar Appointments and Tasks
* - available in Pro version only
Maxim,
EPIM Team
jteagan

Re: EssentialPIM Pro&Free 7.5 Release Candidate 1 is here!

Post by jteagan »

I sure wish you made this to run on Linux.
donnaf
Novice

Post by donnaf »

Looks nice. I quit using it when 7 first came out because it just wasn't right for me any longer, but I will try it again now that you've made so many improvements. I see color is back. Nice to not have all that bright white everywhere. Hope it works for me again, because I used to love it.
ar18
Novice

Post by ar18 »

Good job! The interface is more readable and the additional features are not overkill but very useful.
donnaf
Novice

Post by donnaf »

Unfortunately, mail checking caused my server's modsecurity rules to kick in, and blocked my IP address from accessing anything on my server. :(
fmucci

Post by fmucci »

Glad to see so many improvements/fixes.
The key issue that seems not to have been fixed is that in the Esssential PIM app for IOS contacts are not available. You can create a new contact ans then synch it with the PC, but all the existing contacts on the PC are not visible in the last couple of IOS versions ... maybe this is the wrong forum to report this, but I have tried other ways without success
Bill1949
Novice

Post by Bill1949 »

I installed EPIM Pro 7.5 RC. Unfortunately the shading of alternate emails did not show at all. My Bitdefender security program warned me that EPIM Pro 7.5 looked like Ransomeware.
I reinstalled EPIM Pro 7.24. I will be happy to upgrade to 7.5 when the bugs have been fixed
Best regards from Bill1949
nath84
Guru

Post by nath84 »

.pas possible pour moi de migrer vers EPIM Pro portable 7.5 ...
je n'ai pas enregistré le message d'erreur :-( ( la récupération des données n'a pas été possible, ça m'ouvrait une nouvelle page de EPIM comme si j'installais EPIM pour la 1ère fois, et il a été impossible de récupérer mes données. ) je suis revenue à la version 7.24 aussi
je vais attendre que la version 7.5 soit finalisée
Bon travail et bientôt
nathalie
Christopher Whitmey
Experienced

Post by Christopher Whitmey »

Is this version in effect a beta for testing?
I'm using EssentialPIM 7.24. When I click on Help>Check for updates I get the message 'There are no updates available'.
EPIM Pro 11.2.4 Lifetime: Windows 10: Andoid EPIM 6.0.10
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

Christopher, No it is no beta, but yes it is still for testing.

There were three beta versions before this one. This is a release candidate. A release candidate is still a "test" version, but for all users. IF the forum users would not find problems it will become an official release. Otherwise there might be more RC-versions and then an official release.

At the moment the check for updates only works for official releases, not for beta or RC versions.
That's why you do not find any updates if you click on check for updates.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
Christopher Whitmey
Experienced

Post by Christopher Whitmey »

PeCe wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 10:38 am No it is no beta, but yes it is still for testing.
Peter, thanks for your clear and helpful explanation. One can always live and learn !
EPIM Pro 11.2.4 Lifetime: Windows 10: Andoid EPIM 6.0.10
Piman314
Novice

Post by Piman314 »

Thanks for the hard work on the new release candidate. I've identified two issues so far: one major, one minor.

Calendar: Entries that span more than one day are not displayed across all the days they are scheduled for if specific times for the event are given.
Example: An event that runs from 9:00 Friday to 23:00 Sunday is displayed only on the days Friday and Saturday in week, month, year and agenda view. The information contained within the event — start and end times as well as duration — remains correct.
All-day events are displayed properly, e.g. Friday to Sunday. Only if specific times are included does this issue arise.
This should be fixed ASAP, as it negates a lot of the calendar's functionality.

Contacts: Letter bar does not contain letters.
I have had this problem already with EPIM Pro final versions 7.23 and 7.24 on 32-bit Windows 7, but only now with 7.5 RC1 do I have this problem on 64-bit Windows 10. It's inconvenient, but one can work around it.

Everything else I use — Notes, synchronization with Android, other functions of Calendar and Tasks — seems to be working fine in 7.5 RC1 on 64-bit Windows 10.
Happily using Essential PIM Pro on Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Windows 7 Starter (32-bit), and Android 8.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to manage all of life's complexities.
Freelance editor and translator (de-en), native speaker of US English.
Jamie
Novice

Post by Jamie »

have just installed this RC and when setting up email (personal domain running through gmail) I get this error: http://prntscr.com/fbjgs8

thanks
aps160

Post by aps160 »

My error :?:

unsuccessful metadata update
Column DROPBOXTOKEN from table PARAMS is referenced in PARAMVIEW.

i don't use dropobox!

By
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

aps160 wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 2:12 pm My error :?:

unsuccessful metadata update
Column DROPBOXTOKEN from table PARAMS is referenced in PARAMVIEW.

i don't use dropobox!

By
Hello,

what was your previous EPIM version? Can you post a full text/screenshot of the error you are getting?
Maxim,
EPIM Team