EssentialPIM Pro&Free 7.5 Release Candidate 1 is here!

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Max
Site Admin

Re: EssentialPIM Pro&Free 7.5 Release Candidate 1 is here!

Post by Max »

Jamie wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 1:44 pm have just installed this RC and when setting up email (personal domain running through gmail) I get this error: http://prntscr.com/fbjgs8

thanks
Please try to re-setup once more. We are using google apps with gmail as well on custom domain, and it works quite well. If the problem persits, screenshots from Tools-> Account Settings-> Server settings would be appreciated.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Jamie
Novice

Post by Jamie »

Thanks Maxim

Do you mean uninstall the app altogether and reinstall or just reset the google connection?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Calendar: Entries that span more than one day are not displayed across all the days they are scheduled for if specific times for the event are given.
Example: An event that runs from 9:00 Friday to 23:00 Sunday is displayed only on the days Friday and Saturday in week, month, year and agenda view. The information contained within the event — start and end times as well as duration — remains correct.
All-day events are displayed properly, e.g. Friday to Sunday. Only if specific times are included does this issue arise.
This should be fixed ASAP, as it negates a lot of the calendar's functionality.
A couple of screenshots demonstrating the problem would help. I could not reproduce the issue with the same example of "9:00 Friday to 23:00 Sunday"
Contacts: Letter bar does not contain letters.
I have had this problem already with EPIM Pro final versions 7.23 and 7.24 on 32-bit Windows 7, but only now with 7.5 RC1 do I have this problem on 64-bit Windows 10. It's inconvenient, but one can work around it.
Again, a screenshot would help.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Piman314
Novice

Post by Piman314 »

A couple of screenshots demonstrating the problem would help. I could not reproduce the issue with the same example of "9:00 Friday to 23:00 Sunday"
Hi Maxim,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this. Here's what it looks like.

The event as scheduled. Saving the database, closing and reopening EPIM, etc., does not change the data. So far, so good.
Fictitious event.png
In day, week, month and year views, the event is shown as ending exactly one day early.
3-day event over 2 days month.png
3-day event over 2 days week.png
3-day event over 2 days Fr.png
3-day event over 2 days Sa.png
3-day event over 2 days So.png
3-day event over 2 days year.png
In agenda view, the event is shown as ending on both of the last two days.
3-day event over 2 days agenda.png
The issue occurs regardless of the category assigned to the event.

The event displays correctly after two-way synchronization to Android EPIM 5.01 (Android 7.0) and from there to EPIM Pro 7.24 (Win 7 Starter 32-bit). Synchronizing via Android from 7.24 back to 7.5 RC1, the issue reappears.

Now here is evidence of the missing letter bar from Contacts:
No letter bar.png
I can recreate both issues in a new, empty EPIM database in 7.5 RC1 (Win 10 64-bit).

Thanks again for your help.
Last edited by Piman314 on Thu May 25, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happily using Essential PIM Pro on Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Windows 7 Starter (32-bit), and Android 8.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to manage all of life's complexities.
Freelance editor and translator (de-en), native speaker of US English.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

donnaf wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 12:33 am Unfortunately, mail checking caused my server's modsecurity rules to kick in, and blocked my IP address from accessing anything on my server. :(
Could you please elaborate a bit more about the situation? What was the reason for the blockade?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
jth215

Post by jth215 »

I was using version 7.24 and so far I have not seen that many changes, except some problems.

With version 7.5 RC1:
1. The EssentionPIM database is converted to be used by 7.5, once the program is started. A message should have given an option to take a backup prior, since after that step the database is not compatible with version 7.24, anymore.

2. Problem with mail - had to reassign the SMTP server on one of my mail ISP
3. Since version 7.24 was already installed, and was starting automatically, so when starting 7.5 it can't use the database; have to change the option in 7.24 so that EssentialPIM does not start when the PC boot.

After uninstalling version 7.24:
4. Message error regarding all Shortcuts saying they are assigned to another program, even after resetting them and keep asking the question every time to program is started
5. Asking to set EssentialPIM as default, for mail, every time the program start.
6. When starting and closing the programm, Synchronization is run automatically, at startup and closing of the program; since the devices are not in Sync mode, have to cancel the message to stop it and have the program closed.

That's what I have found so far...
aps160

Post by aps160 »

Max wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 9:38 pm
aps160 wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 2:12 pm My error :?:

unsuccessful metadata update
Column DROPBOXTOKEN from table PARAMS is referenced in PARAMVIEW.

i don't use dropobox!

By
Hello,

what was your previous EPIM version? Can you post a full text/screenshot of the error you are getting?
My version: EPIM 7.24 pro (network)
Client - Win10Pro
Server - Win7Pro + FB

The error message was sent via email (popup message).
Epim 7.25 asks you to update the database, then uninstalled 7.25 as EPIM does not start.

By
Texter
Guru

Post by Texter »

beneath a link to a bug in 7.5 RC1
https://youtu.be/qHAUyzWk7hM
Epim-User since 12/2007 - changed to pro later - never change a running system - now Epim Lifetime.
Running latest* Epim Pro Portable on a Lenovo T14p with Win 10 64bit.
*including RC`s
spoken languages: German / English
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

aps160 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:18 pm My version: EPIM 7.24 pro (network)
Client - Win10Pro
Server - Win7Pro + FB

The error message was sent via email (popup message).
Epim 7.25 asks you to update the database, then uninstalled 7.25 as EPIM does not start.

By
Hello, there was no release of 7.5 Network yet, thus the error. Please stay tuned for Network version.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Texter wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 6:55 pm beneath a link to a bug in 7.5 RC1
https://youtu.be/qHAUyzWk7hM
Thank you, will fix
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

jth215 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:49 pm 1. The EssentionPIM database is converted to be used by 7.5, once the program is started. A message should have given an option to take a backup prior, since after that step the database is not compatible with version 7.24, anymore.
EPIM makes automatic backup before converting database, so it's taken care of.
jth215 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:49 pm 2. Problem with mail - had to reassign the SMTP server on one of my mail ISP
Tha't interesting, and might potentially be an issue we want to improve/fix. Would love to hear more about this.
jth215 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:49 pm 3. Since version 7.24 was already installed, and was starting automatically, so when starting 7.5 it can't use the database; have to change the option in 7.24 so that EssentialPIM does not start when the PC boot.
That will be fixed automatically with release of 7.5
jth215 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:49 pm After uninstalling version 7.24:
4. Message error regarding all Shortcuts saying they are assigned to another program, even after resetting them and keep asking the question every time to program is started
5. Asking to set EssentialPIM as default, for mail, every time the program start.
6. When starting and closing the programm, Synchronization is run automatically, at startup and closing of the program; since the devices are not in Sync mode, have to cancel the message to stop it and have the program closed.
That will also get fixed with 7.5 final
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Piman314, I am still unable to reproduce the bug with 3-day event spanning onto 3 days only.
Can you reproduce that on a new database, created in 7.5? If yes, I would appreciate an uploaded test database so that we could check.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Jamie wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 9:55 pm Thanks Maxim

Do you mean uninstall the app altogether and reinstall or just reset the google connection?
I mean to delete Google account and create it again. Reinstalling the app would probably not help.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Texter
Guru

Post by Texter »

there you go, Bug with the 3 Days Appointment
https://youtu.be/i6Uv_FwmcaE
also it doesn't work with a new copy of the portable version.
temp.379603B3.epim
(2.7 MiB) Downloaded 163 times
Epim-User since 12/2007 - changed to pro later - never change a running system - now Epim Lifetime.
Running latest* Epim Pro Portable on a Lenovo T14p with Win 10 64bit.
*including RC`s
spoken languages: German / English
jth215

Post by jth215 »

Max wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:27 pm
jth215 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:49 pm 1. The EssentionPIM database is converted to be used by 7.5, once the program is started. A message should have given an option to take a backup prior, since after that step the database is not compatible with version 7.24, anymore.
EPIM makes automatic backup before converting database, so it's taken care of.
jth215 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:49 pm 2. Problem with mail - had to reassign the SMTP server on one of my mail ISP
Tha't interesting, and might potentially be an issue we want to improve/fix. Would love to hear more about this.
jth215 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:49 pm 3. Since version 7.24 was already installed, and was starting automatically, so when starting 7.5 it can't use the database; have to change the option in 7.24 so that EssentialPIM does not start when the PC boot.
That will be fixed automatically with release of 7.5
jth215 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:49 pm After uninstalling version 7.24:
That will also get fixed with 7.5 final
=========================================================
SUPPLEMENTAL DETAILS FOR POINT 2, FROM MY ORIGINAL MESSAGE
==========================================================
Regarding item 2, as you can see in the attached file, this is a print screen of the current settings for the account that was causing the account. originally there were 2 definitions for smtp.videotron.ca and none were selected, when I installed 7.5 RC1 initially; I selected one of the two, since the definitions are the same for both and that solved the problem. Now there are 3 identifical definition (as you can see in the print screen). Maybe it was added after I uninstalled version 7.24, I'm not sure. I hope this helps.
Attachments
Account setting, specifically the SMTP tab.
Account setting, specifically the SMTP tab.