Groups, subgroups. Am I wrong?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

mfocsene

Groups, subgroups. Am I wrong?

Post by mfocsene »

Hello people,

Hope you people are more used than me with this great software, which seems to be the one I'm looking for, except a few stuff, which I'll try to explain here in order to find a way to deal with.

So the question is about groups in EssentialPIM

Let me explain my problem...

Let say I defined groups this way:

Group 1
...Subgroup 1.1
...Subgroup 1.2
......Subgroup 1.2.1
...Subgroup 1.3
Group 2
Group 3

So if I set an address as belonging to "Subgroup 1.2.1", what I'd like is to have this address marked as belonging to "Subgroup 1.2.1" (obvious) but also as belonging to "Subgroup 1" and "Subgroup 1.2", which would mean that if I click on "Subgroup 1.2", this address should be displayed, which is not the case right now!

So maybe is it a setting or a workaround for that behavior, which for me seems more natural than the way it's actually implemented...

Thanks to anybody who wishes to talk about that feature
--
Matei Focseneanu
Lausanne, Switzerland
Max
Site Admin

Re: Groups, subgroups. Am I wrong?

Post by Max »

Hello,

if you create a Contact in "Subgroup 1.2.1", it is not automatically appearing in "Subgroup 1", but you can assign same contact into multiple groups manually. So in the end the same contact will be appearing in all 3 groups. To do that, just drag and drop a contact into each of the groups.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
mfocsene

Post by mfocsene »

Hello,

Thanx, it's actually the way I'm doing it right now :)

But I must say it really takes (too) long to do this, and the worse is sometimes you can simply do mistakes, and that's part of the reasons I'm using a computer, so I would suggest to implement such feature and expose an extra option, "explicit" (like now) or "implicit" for the grouping, that would really rock!

M.F.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you, suggestion noted.
Maxim,
EPIM Team