error message keeps popping up with passwords

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

hmb
Novice

error message keeps popping up with passwords

Post by hmb »

Hi,

I purchased a lifetime key a number of years ago but I keep getting an error message telling me a temporary key has expired and I can not close it (unless I use Windows Task Manager to end the process). I can still use EPIM, but the error message keeps appearing if I try to open and edit password entries. Is this a bug or is there a way to kill this? I have upgraded many times to the new version of EPIM, and not sure when this started, but reinstalling does not seem to cure it.

I attached a copy of the popup.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

h
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Max
Site Admin

Re: error message keeps popping up with passwords

Post by Max »

Hello,

please make sure you are using 7.63 version and re-enter the key. If you do not have the key, please email epimsupport@essential... or send me a private message with the email address that you used to purchase the license,- we will try to find your key.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
hmb
Novice

Post by hmb »

Hi Max,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I installed the latest vers 7.63 and tried to reinstall my key, but keep getting an error that the install can not write the key info (I attached another pic). Everything runs fine otherwise and I would rather not do an uninstall and them reinstall. Any other suggestions? By the way, really happy with the program - I have been using it now for a number of years and it has been very stable.

Thanks,

h
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (25.42 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

"Cannot write key information" is easily solvable:
"Q: Why do I get a "Cannot write key information" error when trying to enter the key?

A: This happens on some portable versions when the user wants to apply a new license key. Prior to applying the new key, exit EPIM, erase the "EssentialPIM.ini" file in EPIM installation directory and re-start EPIM. It will accept key."
Maxim,
EPIM Team