Export>Notes>All Displayed - Can notes be exported in order?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

lbw2112
Expert

Export>Notes>All Displayed - Can notes be exported in order?

Post by lbw2112 »

Hello,
I like how this exports all the notes into a single file, but the notes don't seem to be in any order as they're exported. There are different notes from different trees and pages mixed together. They don't seem to be exported alphabetically, by created/modified date or order in trees.

I know I can go through and choose the "Selected" notes in all the different pages and export files that way, but I don't need individual files and the "Export - All Displayed" is really easy.

Is there some way to "Export All" that is exports the notes in order of each page and tree have?

Thanks,
Larry
EPIM Pro 8.05
Max
Site Admin

Re: Export>Notes>All Displayed - Can notes be exported in order?

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you for the post.
However, on our tests, the notes are exported in the order they are displayed. Could you please give an example- of how some of your Notes displayed and how they are being printed? That would help us reproduce the issue (and fix it).
Maxim,
EPIM Team
lbw2112
Expert

Post by lbw2112 »

Hi Maxim,
Thanks for the reply. I'm sending screenshots of my notes pages and trees along with the Export>Notes>All Displayed exported file index so you can see the order they're getting exported in to the EPIM Support email because of privacy issues under the Forum Subject name.

It almost seems like the order it's exporting is it's taking the first note of each page (along with the parents child notes), then the second note of each page, then the third, etc. instead of exporting all the notes in order from the first page, then the notes in order from the next page, etc.

Thanks,
Larry
lbw2112
Expert

Post by lbw2112 »

I found an workaround that works okay for what I need. As I said above, I know that using the "Select" option works great. I can "select all" on a page and export them that way, but most times I don't need all the individual files, I just need a copy of all of my notes in one easy export file. Since it doesn't export in any order and I at least need it listed by page/tree/notes (don't care what order it exports the pages in as long as everything on that page is together) I tried this and it worked.

I just created a Root Note in each page named the same as the Page Name, then moved all the trees on that page as child notes of that. Then when I export all notes, it keeps all the notes in each page together.

Thanks