EssentialPIM 8.5 Release Candidate 2 is ready

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

drrwilliams
Novice

Re: EssentialPIM 8.5 Release Candidate 2 is ready

Post by drrwilliams »

This is the error: I also clicked the Send button.

unsuccessful metadata update
Procedure MESSAGEHASPARENT not found.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

is there also a version 8.5 coming for Archive/DupeRemover and Synchroniser
Yes, the 8.5 versions of the above mentioned programs are available for download starting now from the Get EPIM page on the web site.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
drrwilliams
Novice

Post by drrwilliams »

I downloaded the "new" 8.5 software. It will not open .epim databases and I still get the same error message as noted above
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hi, my name is Vincenzo Pugliese and I am writing to you from Italy. I have been a member of the EPIM pro for several years and this evening I installed the update to version 8.5. But when I launched the program I received the error that you can see in the "IMAGE1" file attached to this message. I am also attaching the contents of the error message in the attached "DETAILEDTXT" file, which I cannot send to you because I use Epim as an email manager. I tried to go back to the previous version, but the program does not start because the database has been updated. I look forward to your urgent news, because my work is stopped, since both my phone book and my task manager are unusable.
Sincerely
Vincenzo Pugliese
Attachments
Immagine1.png
DETTAGLIO.TXT
(2.44 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

drrwilliams, thank you. vinpug , we are looking into the issue.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

On Windows 8.1 there is no problem at all to open a EPIM 8.15 database in V8.5. (portable version)
I work completly out of \C: - all programs and data I have on \D: , so, perhaps it is a sort of restriction on Windows 10?

"It is possible to quickly increase font;" - It is still not possible to increase fonts in notes! It works in mail, but not in notes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Guys having the "Procedure MESSAGEHASPARENT not found" error message, please forward me your database file (or a download link to it) before it was converted to the 8.5 version format. In other words the database file should be from the 8.15 version. Will be able to quickly fix the issue then. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

"It is possible to quickly increase font;"
There's no such feature in the final release version: https://www.essentialpim.com/news/version-history.
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

Yes, I see- but it should have been there in 8.5R2!! (see the first post in this thread- YOUR post!!). So, why it si nor in the final release? Is this a so difficult feature to implement?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not that hard to implement, although we finished working on it at a time the 8.5 RC1 version was getting ready to come out. And we didn't want to rush it into the release as it theoretically could have introduced new unexpected issues. So we decided to thoroughly test it first and postpone implementation to EPIM 8.6 or whatever the new major release version will be called.
vinpug
Expert

Post by vinpug »

Hi, I read the message inviting you to send the Essentialpim database in version 8.15. Unfortunately I cannot grant your request either because I upgraded to version 8., 5 and I do not have backups prior to the upgrade; both because my data database is about 6 Gb. and would make the transfer problematic. I look forward to a version that solves the problem.
Sincerely.
Vincenzo Pugliese
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The updated 8.5 version with a fix is available now. Please get it from our web site.

Vincenzo, no problem, thanks anyway!
drrwilliams
Novice

Post by drrwilliams »

Hello, I just downloaded the new copy of 8.50 from this website and installed it. And, yes, I was able to open my 8.15 epim database which is good. Just wanted to mention that when I look at my contacts on the contact page (listing them), the "membership" category is blank. When I open one of the contacts, the membership field is filled in (i.e. it shows 'my office' or 'entertainment' for example). Not a biggie; the other fields are shown just fine on the screen.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the confirmation!
We do not see the problem with the empty membership field on our side. Could you please share a sample screenshot so that we're sure we're looking at the same spot? Also, would appreciate if you try to reproduce that on a new EPIM database file.
locke
Guru

Post by locke »

Hello Max,

I have the 8.5 installed today. I notice that the window sizes for Contacts, New Email, etc. are not applied. The program can not be stopped. This is only possible via the Task Manager. I work with Windows 8.1. I'm back at 8.15

By