Edit File Dropdown Menu???

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

ironmathyu5
Novice

Edit File Dropdown Menu???

Post by ironmathyu5 »

Hi!

I looked around for an answer to my question before posting, but I didn't see one. When a database is open, near the bottom of the File dropdown menu is a list of previously opened databases (if you've ever used more than one). Is it possible to edit this list and remove the file names of deleted databases? I am using the desktop version. Thank you in advance for your time and help!
Last edited by ironmathyu5 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeCe
Guru

Re: Edit File Dropdown Menu???

Post by PeCe »

In the program there is only an option to erase the whole list at closing of the program.

Depending if you know how and the version you use you can do it with a notepad program. In desktop you have to go to your user directory and the EssentialPIM folder. In the portable version to the installed folder.
Than look for the epim.ini file, open it and search for the deleted databases. Remove them and save the file. That should do it.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM Pro portable 9.00 // Android EPIM 5.7.3

Max
Site Admin

Re: Edit File Dropdown Menu???

Post by Max »

Hello,

this list shows last 5 opened files. You can search your computer for EssentialPIM.ini and edit [Files] section to remove some of those.
Maxim,
EPIM Team