EPIM Pro doing endless backup

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

EoinDubh
Guru

EPIM Pro doing endless backup

Post by EoinDubh »

My wife's email on the Dell desktop started acting up today. When she powered up it started to do a database backup. After half an hour she bugged me about it. I finally was able to get EPIM Pro shutdown and rebooted the system. When I looked in the database directory their were 6 copies of the database. Five of them had data but the 6th, with today's date, was zero bytes after trying to backup for 90 minutes. I moved the older copies to the backup directory and was able to get EPIM up and running again.

But I noticed that the email folders looked a bit strange.
Susas system.jpg
. On my system they look like this:
MyEPIM.jpg
MyEPIM.jpg (28.21 KiB) Viewed 3104 times

The Outbox and Draft folders are at the bottom of the list. Sent Items is about 11 lines up from the bottom on the right line,

At the top of the right hand list is: Deleted Items, Drafts, Sent Items again, and Spam.

All the folders in the right side line are empty except for: Drafts has a couple of items from 2012, Sent items has from 2012 and 2019, Deleted Items has a subfolder with one message from 2012,Outbox is empty.The sent folder on The left line has items from the past 2 years.The Spam folder is empty. The Deleted folder has 6696 items ranging from 2011 to 2020.And the inbox has 171 messages.

I am not quite sure how the fix this. Possibly doing a clean install of EPIM Pro 9.2 and using the Sync tool to move files from the old to the new Install?

What would you suggest? She is an author and a lot of her email is with publishers.
admin
Site Admin

Re: EPIM Pro doing endless backup

Post by admin »

I see she's using an IMAP account. Please delete it from the database by going to Tools->Account Settings. Once the account is deleted, re-add it to EPIM and everything should be back to normal again. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
EoinDubh
Guru

Post by EoinDubh »

When I look at the account settings on her computer the only option is IMAP and there is no other option available. On mine I have POP and IMAP and I have mine configured as POP but it is also possible to change to IMAP.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What sort of options you're looking for? You need to remove the mail account and then re-add it.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!