Opinion: Feature prioritization

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Jon
Guru

Opinion: Feature prioritization

Post by Jon »

As an organization tool, EPIM is unparalleled (for me at least). Over the years, the improvements have all been very useful. Related items was something I had hoped for and was using various work-arounds when EPIM aquired this elegant solution to an everyday CRM problem.

So now I am trying to figure out why 9.4 introduced pdf previews and broke other areas of the program. I am being selfish here, but I have previously posted about the need for a way to reschedule dependent tasks. This is something missing that I think would be basic to EPIM's organizational functionality.

No disrespect. Was there such a demand for pdf preview? EPIM could stand some improvements to the way tasks and calendar items are managed. I just don't understand how new features are prioritized.

Jon
admin
Site Admin

Re: Opinion: Feature prioritization

Post by admin »

Please mention which areas were broken with the 9.4 version release. Also, please describe in more details your idea about rescheduling dependent task so that we know what it is. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Jon
Guru

Post by Jon »

admin wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:33 am Please mention which areas were broken with the 9.4 version release. Also, please describe in more details your idea about rescheduling dependent task so that we know what it is. Thanks!
9.4 problems:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35348
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35360

However, I really should be more charitable. The list was longer, but I see that problems were addressed quickly via silent updates. This has always been the case with EPIM. I should have been more patient.

Rescheduling:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33910&p=107399#p107399

Jon
pchandler
Novice

Post by pchandler »

I also felt the same way about the PDF preview feature, seemed like a strictly "nice-to-have" feature compared to other more critical features being requested here. It's definitely going to come in handy and I have appreciation for these welcome surprises, though there are other requests on here that seem more urgent.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents, but to the dev team - thank you and just do what makes you happy :)!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Make sure you vote for the features you feel need more attention here:
viewforum.php?f=52
Your votes will be taken into consideration. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!