USEFUL TIP: How to Sort Notes to the Bottom of the List

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Frizzell9
Expert

USEFUL TIP: How to Sort Notes to the Bottom of the List

Post by Frizzell9 »

This is a rarely asked question on the internet, but it's not so rare to be sitting there scratching your head, trying to come up with a way to force specific notes to the bottom of the list without typing a bunch of ugly 'zzzz's all the time, while at the same time keeping the rest of the list in alphabetical order. Why would you even need this ability you may ask? One example may be that there's a couple of notes that really don't seem to fit the category of the rest of the notes, but you need or want them to stay right there in that same section, and also want them to be handy without clicking on another whole tabbed section of notes to get to them. Another good example would be to move an entire sub section of notes within the tabbed group to the bottom. Well, it's as easy to do as prefixing the note's title with a single special character. And the special characters that can accomplish this task and come after the letter Z is extremely small. So here are those few EPIM tested and validated characters. You may want to copy these to a separate note so you can get at them again anytime, as it's rather time-consuming (even difficult) to find them from a character map or alt-code list every time.

They all work with the Windows operating system, and may or may not work for Mac, so you'll have to try all of them to see, if you're a Mac user.
For the new list view to take effect, don't forget to re-sort the list after adding the prefix, by right clicking the top 'root' note and choosing 'Arrange by' > 'Name'.

←This one is a tiny bullet and looks really good (my favorite, see the screenshot)
Ξ

π
Ω
π

-----
I hope you can benefit from this handy EPIM Notes tip.

Happy EPiming!

Frizzell9 :wink:
Attachments
screenshot_01.jpg
screenshot_01.jpg (48.67 KiB) Viewed 2364 times
Last edited by Frizzell9 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image EPIM Pro User Since 2006

"Why a four year old child could understand this.
Run out and get me a four year old child,
I can't make head or tail out of it."
a8907433
Guru

Re: USEFUL TIP: How to Sort Notes to the Bottom of the List

Post by a8907433 »

Thank you!!

That´s great! I used zzz for sorting adresses at the bottom of the list. But with this tiny bullet it looks much better.
Keldi
Guru

Post by Keldi »

Thank you for the tiny bullet, it's a nice find.
And here are two more symbols I use:

tamer
Experienced

Post by tamer »

If you'd like, you can also vote up this suggestion.