Happy with the improvements, over the last several years...

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Frank-H
Experienced

Happy with the improvements, over the last several years...

Post by Frank-H »

I've been buying Epim Pro off and on for 5 years... never could quite pull the trigger to actually put it into use though, wanting better integration between contacts and creating calendar events etc, NOW though, after buying Pro again this week, digging into the current program, I'm very happy with it.

I know it has taken a lot of work (and included a lot of user-suggestions). Synchronization etc will always be the pain that it is (due to external platform scenarios), but the core program, is truly good, much much improved. I'm now going to put this to use. Thank you to Max and all who have worked on the upgrades and features.

Anyone remember Sidekick 98, by Borland? That was a GREAT PIM, I used it until it just wouldn't function reliably on Windows. Now, finally, with the current era of Epim, I don't have to regret not having Sidekick 98 or 99. Especially the work done on custom fields, navigation, less "walls" within the program so to speak, this era of Epim is a joy to use. Thanks for the craft you put into it!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Happy with the improvements, over the last several years...

Post by admin »

Frank, thanks very much for the feedback, appreciate it! Will do our best to keep it all up :)
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Essy
Experienced

Post by Essy »

I only use the Notes and calendar and the free version is more than enough for me. But because I still wanted to support the ePIM team I bought a lifetime license a few years back. So in my usercase most improvements don't make much of a difference (no disrespect intended).
But must say the bullets are welcome improvement.

The syncing my calendar on a sever is potentially great. But that depend on the answer :-)
Is the ePIM server just any server? I own a website with all bells and whistles. Could I put it on there or is it a special server I have to rent from ePIM?
Does it sync with the Android app? My main use would be that I get calendar notifications/alarms on my phone.
Would it use a lot of cellular data?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

EPIM server is any PC or a server with Firebird DB engine installed. Basically any OS is supported, please see here for download options: https://firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-2-5/. Once the server is installed, you may place you EPIM database on that computer and then access it from anywhere. The cost of that solution is practically 0. At the same time we can offer you managed EPIM server solution at a very affordable monthly fee.

At the moment it's not possible to access EPIM data stored on the server using Android EPIM but we're working on that.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
DavidN
Guru

Post by DavidN »

I would agree that the development has surely been positive. Sure there are frustrations as with any software but the team communicates and are always working to improve. Thank you!