Why you DON'T like EPIM?

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Max
Site Admin

Re: Why you DON'T like EPIM?

Post by Max »

pkchu520@yahoo.com wrote:EPIM Pro 6.0

Address is not customizable. Fields are fixed and it's difficult to edit with international addresses. Cannot use tab to go to the next field. Must use mose to click.
Hi,

we listened, and starting from 6.01 (released month ago) you can re-order address fields and hide them.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
nord

Post by nord »

Max wrote:
nord wrote:I'm really new to EPIM, but there is one seemingly builtin action that is driving me completely crazy and I don't know how to deal with it (or rather turn it off).

By default in a monthly view, on 9 different days I see the same thing: "This is all day event. It can be also spread through over several days." It shows up over and over again from 8:30 am to 9:00 am and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It overwhelms all the real events I need to see.

Tks for listening.

N

"
Hello,

please right-click on the event with your mouse and select "Delete". That should take care of this problem.
Thanks much for the info. When I right-clicked on the first instance of this perpetual reminder, I got the following:

Do you want to delete all occurrences of the recurring appointment "This is an appointment that recurs. It is set for every third day for three weeks and has been replaced automatically."?

So I clicked on it, but it did not delete this feature. It did delete one recurring appointment. I clicked on the next day that showed up and got the choice of deleting the appointment or the schedule of such appointments. I clicked on schedule and I could not get rid of it entirely. What it did allow me to do was change the number of future recurring appointments from 9 to 2... I tried to put in zero and then just one, but it would not allow that.

What I would like is the ability to set my own (or not) schedule of a recurring appointment(s).

Tks for listening.

N
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

nord wrote: Do you want to delete all occurrences of the recurring appointment "This is an appointment that recurs. It is set for every third day for three weeks and has been replaced automatically."?
EssentialPIM does not have such a message. Either you are using another program, or there is another problem. Please post a screenshot of the message. In this message you have the option to delete all recurring items, this is what you should do.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
nord

Post by nord »

Max wrote:
nord wrote: Do you want to delete all occurrences of the recurring appointment "This is an appointment that recurs. It is set for every third day for three weeks and has been replaced automatically."?
EssentialPIM does not have such a message. Either you are using another program, or there is another problem. Please post a screenshot of the message. In this message you have the option to delete all recurring items, this is what you should do.
Max,

Gotcha... it was a sync issue between AOL's calendar ICS export and EssentialPIM picking up their format along with events. <sigh> Thanks, all straightened out now.

N
ErikJon
Experienced

Post by ErikJon »

Hello, Max.

Your thread began as "Why you don't like EPIM". I can summarize my biggest complaints with the following comments already made on the forum (but perhaps, yet to be viewed by Max). Please take a moment to read them, or at least view my nice screenshots at the bottom of each page:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15968
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15983
I'm using EPIM Pro Portable 6.55 on XP SP3 w 1.8 GHz processor, 3 GB RAM. My files are stored in a folder within "My Documents" called "EPIM 6.55." My back-ups, in the "database" folder. I also use Kaspersky + Malwarebytes.
glenn59
Guru

Post by glenn59 »

There are a few features that I have learned to live without, only to have the EPIM crew eventually add them to the program over the years. Hats off to EPIM team for designing a program around what actual users have suggested are needed.

The only item that gets me constantly, is the inability to enter multiple reminders during appointment creation. Some events I need to schedule require preparation sometimes a week or two in advance. Being able to set a reminder for a week ahead, the day before, and an hour before has required me to use another program solely for that purpose, especially on the Android.

I know I could add an appointment for each reminder, but that is just too time consuming. An "Add another reminder" feature would save me alot of embarrassment as well as precious memory on my outdated "smart" phone. (It's not as smart as it used to be!)

Thanks for considering!
EPIM Android Pro v5.7.4 -Samsung Galaxy S5(SM-G900V) - Android OS v5.0
EPIM Portable Pro V6.0 RC2 - Windows 7; XP
EPIM Desktop Pro V8.64 - Windows 7
rgrun1
Experienced

Post by rgrun1 »

Not exactly a dislike but a confusing cosmetic
When using the archiver there are OK and Cancel buttons. After Archiving a newbie hits OK and it archives again.If you changed the buttons to Archive and Quit it would be more intuitive
Thanks for a great program!
--
Thanks
Rick

EPIM 10 beta2
Windows 10 Pro
ameneses54
Novice

Post by ameneses54 »

I find EssencialPim to be a great, almost perfect program except for the following problem I have repeatedly posted and sent to support without a solution:

After I try to print labels with EPim I get no response at all, I have to close the application and reboot the printer in order to be able to print. Basically, trying to print ( labels) through EPim crashes my ability to print anything. If I try to print within EPim (a contact or envelope), I can print OK. Let me repeat, the problem (as far as I’ve noticed) is when printing labels. Outside your program printing is fine with any windows application including Winpim, esencialpim, Outlook etc. If I try to see the printing status, the job is in the queue stuck. As this was happening with my desktop, I switched to laptop and the same problem is replicated.
To try to solve the issue, I uninstalled and re-installed EPim, same thing for the printer which is Samsung ML-1710 and downloaded latest drivers. The same thing happens all the time and the chosen text print only when I re-boot the printer, otherwise it’s frozen.
There must be a solution!

Unfortunately, this is a deal breaker and it looks like nobody cares ( including support)
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

ameneses54, can you please give the links to your earlier posts on this topic?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
ameneses54
Novice

Post by ameneses54 »

Thanks for the reply, here is the link in the support part of the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17114
mlw4428

Post by mlw4428 »

I'm new to using EPIM, but I did buy a lifetime license as it seems like it'll fit most of my needs. The two major features that I sincerely HOPE will be integrated are:

1) Proper Exchange support. You have a major opportunity and as Office365 grows, Exchange compatibility will be something many users wished they had.

2) The ability to "drag/drop" or "convert" items from one "type" to another. Drag an email to the calendar - now it's an appointment. Drag it to task manager, now it's a task. That would make using this program far easier and allow less time having to be focused on organization and more on GTD.
kweiss00
Novice

Post by kweiss00 »

Rules are immature. Can't even auto forward email.
Also "case sensitive" email addresses is useless since I have no control on how a sender will format the email address
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

kweiss00 wrote:Rules are immature. Can't even auto forward email.
Also "case sensitive" email addresses is useless since I have no control on how a sender will format the email address
Which version you are using? If that's not 7.0 RC 3,- please try it. If you still think the rules are case insensitive- please post a screenshot of the rule and example where it does not work- so that we could reproduce and fix it quickly. Thank you!
Maxim,
EPIM Team
kweiss00
Novice

Post by kweiss00 »

Thanks. I installed 7.0 RC 3 and the "case" problem is gone.
Not being able to auto-forward email still a major problem for me.
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

personally I would strongly recommend going server side for auto-forwarding.
There are a lot of edgy things that can happen when you do it with a local/client program, the least of which is the fact they are not going to work when your PC is not powered on and connected to the network.