Translation for non-PC modules

The forum for translators and users of localized versions
vvorl

Translation for non-PC modules

Post by vvorl »

Hello

Recently EPIM module for Android have being introduced (or, better to say - will be introduced very soon with 5.0 release ;) ) with its own language part for translation.
But while any errors or gaps in translation for PC module could be easily fixed in .lng file by a simple replacement with updated file on PC, Android module has no such option as translation data are kept inside that module.

So I just wonder what could be the best way to maintain translation part for non-PC EPIM modules. It could be a cumulative update with the next release (probably with gaps for new lines). Or it could be a silent or planned update of Android module after some time if there are updated translations. Or some other way :)

What do you think about it ?
vvorl
EPIM user
admin
Site Admin

Re: Translation for non-PC modules

Post by admin »

I suppose we'll be adding new/modified android strings at the end of the Android section, if you don't mind.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
vvorl

Post by vvorl »

Hi, admin
There is a silent update of Russian LNG file with Android translation for 5.01 version.
Please, use updated data for further Android module versions.
Thank you.
vvorl
EPIM user
vvorl

Post by vvorl »

admin wrote:I suppose we'll be adding new/modified android strings at the end of the Android section, if you don't mind.
That's ok, thanks.
But it also could be a good idea to have the most recent initial English data somewhere (in this topic or in current English LNG file) to be able to compare with. Sometimes a translation need to be clarified to be in sync with other lines and that would help.
vvorl
EPIM user
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

vvorl wrote:Hi, admin
There is a silent update of Russian LNG file with Android translation for 5.01 version.
Please, use updated data for further Android module versions.
Thank you.
Thanks, will do.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

vvorl wrote:
admin wrote:I suppose we'll be adding new/modified android strings at the end of the Android section, if you don't mind.
That's ok, thanks.
But it also could be a good idea to have the most recent initial English data somewhere (in this topic or in current English LNG file) to be able to compare with. Sometimes a translation need to be clarified to be in sync with other lines and that would help.
Sure thing, will add the most recent version of English strings into English language file next time. If somebody prefer to have it posted here, in the forum, just let me know.
vvorl

Post by vvorl »

Well, that's what I was talking about initially - new Android version 1.4 has untranslated strings, which are not in general 5.02 LNG file and, unlike for PC module, couldn't be replaced until the next version release.

So, again, maybe there is a reason to maintain PC and Android language files separately and have updated English Android version available for translators at least day or two before a release?

Translators,
what do you think about this?
vvorl
EPIM user