Problem exporting Calendar (ics file)

Here we post and discuss the iCal calendars which users create with EssentialPIM
DJ200

Problem exporting Calendar (ics file)

Post by DJ200 »

Exporting the calendar data in version 4.22 doesn't seem to pick up all entrees. At least, when the ics file is opened in the other program (e.g., Yahoo! calendar or Google calendar), not all of the entrees are there -- especially those near the current date and beyond. Any suggestions?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem exporting Calendar (ics file)

Post by admin »

Would appreciate a test ical file so that we could check it (please forward to epimsupport[at]essentialpim.com). Also, if you import the exported ical file back into a new EPIM database, will it show all the items?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
DJ200

Post by DJ200 »

I sent you the ics file for a couple weeks of my calendar. When I tried to import this file back into EssentialPIM, it did bring in all the entries. It's possible that the problem was in one of the programs (Yahoo! calendar) in which I was trying to import the information, but I don't have a way to check that.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When we get the file (I assume you used support email address for sending it?), will check its compatibility with yahoo and google calendars. Will get back to this post when the test results are ready. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
James.Glass

Post by James.Glass »

I am having same problem exporting ical calendar files to yahoo calendar. The first few events import to Yahoo calendar. But then many events in same Ical file do not import. The dialogue at end of export shows the correct number of events.

I did some testing and found that events in EPIM with a "reminder" set will not copy over and subsequent events do not either.
When I removed the reminder from EPIM all events imported to Yahoo Calender fine.

It is as though the reminder is read by yahoo as an end of file marker
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

If you want you can post a sample of ICS files that do not import and we will check where the problem is.
Maxim,
EPIM Team