How to create and use Ical Calendar with Epim ?

Here we post and discuss the iCal calendars which users create with EssentialPIM
clauderenaud
Beta Team

How to create and use Ical Calendar with Epim ?

Post by clauderenaud »

Hi all,

as I'm Completely new on the Ical calendar matter,could someone simply explain me how to create and use this Ical calendars and/or where to find about this subject : for example is there a tutorial somewhere or is it so simple to do which does not need such thing ?
regards,

--

Claude Renaud
mrodenas
Experienced

Post by mrodenas »

No there is no Epim tutorial, but Epim use a subset of a more complexe langage. I saw that with google help...

So use a sample to create your Ical, you have Italian, French, US ... samples on this forum, and it's enought to write your own ical.

I suggest you to test your ical on an test DB

Michel

:lol:

Post by clauderenaud »

mrodenas wrote:No there is no Epim tutorial, but Epim use a subset of a more complexe langage. I saw that with google help...

So use a sample to create your Ical, you have Italian, French, US ... samples on this forum, and it's enought to write your own ical.

I suggest you to test your ical on an test DB

Michel

:lol:
Hi Michel,

Cool to find another french guy on this forum !!!

I just saw you created the french ical calendar which is available on the Epim Site.
How did you do this ?
Which tool did you use ?

Greetings,
regards,

--

Claude Renaud
mrodenas
Experienced

Post by mrodenas »

Salut Claude

I've used only the Italian calandar sample and notepad!!!

But I've just splitted the holidays into 3 parts.
Sorry I've also use some sites to identify correctly the 'Easter' date....
There is only two or three cases to study.

Have a good time

Post by clauderenaud »

mrodenas wrote:Salut Claude

I've used only the Italian calandar sample and notepad!!!

But I've just splitted the holidays into 3 parts.
Sorry I've also use some sites to identify correctly the 'Easter' date....
There is only two or three cases to study.

Have a good time
Salut Michel,

What do you mean exactly, when you say : "But I've just splitted the holidays into 3 parts." ?

and "Sorry I've also use some sites to identify correctly the 'Easter' date...."

When you say : "There is only two or three cases to study."

Have you an example ?
regards,

--

Claude Renaud
mrodenas
Experienced

Post by mrodenas »

The sample is attached to my ical post.
-One part for standard holidays with always the same date each year
-Second one no regular date Paque, Ascension...
-Third case Saturday and Sunday...

Mrodenas@ifrance.com

Post by clauderenaud »

Hi Michel,

Taking a look at what Wikipedia says about Ical at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar, I saw that Ical can contain events but also, todos, alarms and journal entries ... Can Epim currently import/export all those data ?
regards,

--

Claude Renaud
mrodenas
Experienced

Post by mrodenas »

I don't know. Thanks for the link to wiki.
I hope to try later but I think that's a duplicate feature with the reminder of EPIM?
May be EPIM use the engine of ICalendar and this is why the DB is still 'Open'?
:?:

Post by admin »

clauderenaud wrote:Taking a look at what Wikipedia says about Ical at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar, I saw that Ical can contain events but also, todos, alarms and journal entries ... Can Epim currently import/export all those data ?
EPIM can currently export/import To Dos and Tasks with/without alarams set. This is not true about Journal entires as there's no place they could be imported to, yet.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
clauderenaud
Beta Team

Post by clauderenaud »

admin wrote:
clauderenaud wrote:Taking a look at what Wikipedia says about Ical at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar, I saw that Ical can contain events but also, todos, alarms and journal entries ... Can Epim currently import/export all those data ?
EPIM can currently export/import To Dos and Tasks with/without alarams set. This is not true about Journal entires as there's no place they could be imported to, yet.
Thanks for clarification ...
regards,

--

Claude Renaud
salcedok
Novice

Need more info

Post by salcedok »

admin wrote:
I have version 1.95 Pro and I can not get the import of alarms to work. I have tried importing To Dos and Tasks neither seem to work. Can anyone point to the syntax of the ICS file to do this?
Max
Site Admin

Re: Need more info

Post by Max »

salcedok wrote:
admin wrote:
I have version 1.95 Pro and I can not get the import of alarms to work. I have tried importing To Dos and Tasks neither seem to work. Can anyone point to the syntax of the ICS file to do this?
A sample of iCal you are trying to import with alarm is appreciated.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
salcedok
Novice

Re: Need more info

Post by salcedok »

Max wrote:
salcedok wrote:
admin wrote: EPIM can currently export/import To Dos and Tasks with/without alarams set. This is not true about Journal entires as there's no place they could be imported to, yet.
A sample of iCal you are trying to import with alarm is appreciated.
Max that is part of the problem. I have tried to create an example of the iCal file by exporting from tasks/ToDo lists with alarms and I can not find the alarms in the output iCal file. There is no line item that shown that an alarm has been set.
salcedok
Novice

Post by salcedok »

Max if you are there,

I found that if I used Sunbird to create both tasks and ToDo items with reminders and exported them to an ICS file, EPIM could import the reminder.
In looking at the resulting ICal file I found the syntax for adding a reminder.

I think there may be a problem in EPIM in the export of reminder information.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

yes, there was a problem exrporting reminders, we fixed it already for future build.
Maxim,
EPIM Team