Weather Underground

Here we post and discuss the iCal calendars which users create with EssentialPIM
triger
Beta Team

Weather Underground

Post by triger »

Well ,....I'll try it here ...has anybody had any sucess getting Ical calendars from weather underground to work?

I tryed to post this in the pro bug forum ....for some strange reason it keeps dis-appearing ....sigh :?

Cheers
Jake
triger
Beta Team

Found a way....

Post by triger »

Ok....

If you want the weather forecast in your EPIM ....2 steps

goto weather underground, get the Ical file for your area, load it into your google calendar.......then load your google calendar into EPIM

hey...long way around, but it works....never argue with sucess

Cheers
Jake
vlatko
Beta Team

Post by vlatko »

I do not understand this. You plan to download ical file regularly and view it in EPIM? It is not dynamically updated. I know that there is some addon on Google Calendar to retrieve forecast but works for USA only (I think)

PS Why I do not see Beta Team label under my name? I am member of that usergroup
triger
Beta Team

Post by triger »

vlatko wrote:I do not understand this. You plan to download ical file regularly and view it in EPIM? It is not dynamically updated.
I just caught up with this....kinda surprised me, I know of two software companies that make products for synchronizing PIM software with the weather channel...obviously it is not a novel idea with me.

If you live in an area where snowstorms and the like are common place....weather can very much affect your scheduling priorities...

Cheers
Jake