Synching data with iphone apps

This forum lists success stories of EPIM users. If you find EPIM useful- welcome to post here!
PeterE
Novice

Synching data with iphone apps

Post by PeterE »

The following are ways that I am able to sync ToDo and Calendar data to iphone in a two-step operation through the "cloud". I am satisfied with the approaches available, espectially for ToDo lists, which has only been available recently:

1. Calendar: I use iambic agendus app, which provides lists by day, week, and month and processes all essentialpim data including notes. The app also includes contact information from essentialpim. Synch is through Google calendar and Google contacts.
2. ToDo List: The Toodledo synch option is fantastic. The basic app is free and transfers all data including "List of Origin", which becomes a folder. The Toodledo Pro option, which has a nominal annual fee, transfers the topic and subtopic lists available in essentialpim. It's as good as having essentialpim available on the iphone. Synch is through Toodledo.

Thanks again for the program and attention to details that make it user friendly.
Max
Site Admin

Re: Synching data with iphone apps

Post by Max »

Thank you for sharing this! I will "stick" this topic so that others could make use of it.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
PeterE
Novice

Post by PeterE »

I've come across two additional ways of synching calendar data into iphone and apps as follows:
1. g-cal is a low cost option that syncs well through Goodle calendar.
2. Synch to ical, which comes free with iphone, can be done through Yahoo synch with Yahoo calendar. The synch occurs automatically when the iphone is opened. As no new app is required, this actually might be the best approach for most iphone users. This approach I found was useful as I set up a Yahoo account for the sole purpose of creating a combined calendar for the family. Each person can make entries into the Yahoo account and the results are then downloaded to each person who has specified this account in iphone settings.
kamarad
Expert

Post by kamarad »

Hello PeterE!
From where to download iambic agendus app?