reply to wrong address

This forum lists success stories of EPIM users. If you find EPIM useful- welcome to post here!
k_toepfer
Novice

reply to wrong address

Post by k_toepfer »

Something really strange is happening. I got an two emails from a person. I reply to the second one by clicking on reply type my text and send it. Then I got a notice from another person in my contacts that he got this email that I replied to the first person. So I go back in my inbox and see both emails from the sender. I click on the first and click the reply and check out the new mail window, and the right address appears. Then I click on the second mail and click reply and check out the new mail window and low and behold a wrong address is in the "to field". Always the same one. Every time I click on reply that one address appears in there. It is the one from the one that notified me for getting the wrong mail. The only difference between the two mails is that the second one has an attachment, a normal one, the purpose of the mail.
Why is that happening? It worried me since it might happen again.
Max
Site Admin

Re: reply to wrong address

Post by Max »

Hello,

do I get it right that:
one of our contacts has two email adresses
when you reply to one of his/her emails, EPIM replies to the wrong email, still belonging to the contact?
If that's the case, can you please make a screenshot of the fields of this contact in "Collected addresses" group - we need to see which fields EPIM picks up.
Please also tell the exact version of you EPIM you are using.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
k_toepfer
Novice

Re: reply to wrong address

Post by k_toepfer »

No, you aren't getting it.
To make it really simple, one my contacts sends me an email... I click on reply and instead of his email address, another one appears in the 'send to' field. This person who sent the email to me is and has been sending me emails pretty frequently. The other persons email, which appeared in the send to field, also send emails frequently. Both are stored in my address bood of collected addresses but they don't have anything to do with each other. Now after all this time I went back to this email clicked on reply and the wrong email address appeared again in the send to field. Then I tried to reply many others from that persons email and always the right address appeared in the send to field. Only that one email that was send to me by that sender responds wrong.
Do you still need screen shots?