"HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden" at Syncing with Google

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

brhildp
Novice

Re: "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden" at Syncing with Google

Post by brhildp »

Whew! That did it. Back up to date now across my devices. Thanks so much!

NoteIILTE
Experienced

Post by NoteIILTE »

Sorry Admin,

Downloaded and installed 6.02 Pro. Nope. I've got Invalid Token and calendar sync does not work.

William

I did not followed the instruction closely. When I obtained the code from google, it all works now. Great Work, Speedy fixed. Well done Aston Soft!!!
Last edited by NoteIILTE on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaraokeKop
Novice

EPIM 6.02 - Restart Computer after new Google sync

Post by KaraokeKop »

NoteIILTE,

I got the same "token" error. I solved that problem by closing EPIM and restarting my computer.

Just a reminder, be sure you've followed admin's directions:
Please also note that since there were changes in Google Calendar APIv3 authentication scheme, you'd either need to create a new synchronization for your Google Calendar or edit settings of the existing one (click on Tools->Options->Synchronizations->Google, tap on the button with question mark near the Code field for Calendar and follow on-screen instructions).
I deleted my google sync: File, Synchronization, Edit Synchronization, Google, "Delete Synchronization" button. Then I added my Google account: File, Synchronization, Add Synchronization (or Wizard). As I was adding back the Google sync a window popped up with a code Box and directed me to a browser window which asked if I wanted to allow EPIM to connect. When I pressed the allow (or yes, can't remember), a code popped up and I was directed to paste the code in EPIM, the Code Box. I copied the code and pasted in the code box.

However, when I tried to sync, I also got the "token" error. Again, I solved the problem by closing EPIM and restarting my computer. Hope that gets everything for you back to normal.

flotto

Post by flotto »

admin wrote:Okay, guys, the wait is over. The new version is ready. Here's the download links:
EssentialPIM Pro: http://www.essentialpim.com/download/Es ... IMPro6.exe
EssentialPIM Pro Portable: http://www.essentialpim.com/download/Es ... oPort6.zip

These are fully functional 6.02 Pro versions of EssentialPIM, not yet announced anywhere except here, though. We still need to make some adjustments to EssentialPIM Free version before announcing the new version release. It seems we are not going to have enough time in our possession today in order to finish working on the Free version and therefore we are postponing the official release date to tomorrow. At the same time we didn't want to make you wait anymore longer and decided to post the links earlier.

Please also note that since there were changes in Google Calendar APIv3 authentication scheme, you'd either need to create a new synchronization for your Google Calendar or edit settings of the existing one (click on Tools->Options->Synchronizations->Google, tap on the button with question mark near the Code field for Calendar and follow on-screen instructions).

Would very much appreciate to hear your feedback and also wish to thank you for your patience!
Hello admin,
thank you very much for your high speed solving of this problem with google calendar sync! I have installed the new release and it works fine!
*** For all posting the "Token error" --> please follow the instruction of admin and procede like explained in the questionmark of the Google sync adjustments inside EssentialPIM Pro!***

klaus.meier
Guru

Post by klaus.meier »

admin
THANX!
---
XP SP3, EPimPro 6.05

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Anyone, thanks for your feedback, appreciate it!
Wanted to add a note about the Token error but see KaraokeKop and flotto have already posted working solutions :)
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!

gertone
Novice

Post by gertone »

Well... I have a pro server license
I just did an upgrade from a somewhat older version (4 something)
I have lost all changes since the synchronisation went down (giving preference to the google version of my tasks)
That is a serious issue? Can I recover from a backup?

Than the sync with my notes fales, virualy having lost all of them
(just made a safety download from google docs, but that is an unstructered beast)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please check whether you're using a 1-one or a 2-way sync. Please also check if the Synchronize deletion option is enabled or disabled in synchronization options. In any case, deleted tasks should be in the Trash, you will be able to restore them from there.

gertone
Novice

Post by gertone »

Hi admin,
thanks very much for your reply
in the mean time I had figured out that the sync deletion was not checked, so I checked that, removed the duplicates (hell of a job :-() and am OK for appointments in the calendar.

The notes issue is a harder nut to crack. I see the notes structure nicely in my google drive, but I receive an EPIM error on synchronisation and the EPIM ones are gone
The error I get is "Folder sync error."

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please forward us the latest sync log file. You will be able to find it here:
C:\Users\Your_Windows_Username\AppData\Roaming\EssentialPIM Pro\Logs
That should help us get the the root of the problem.

gertone
Novice

Post by gertone »

Code: Select all

15:09:30.621  64808916  SyncGroups OK
15:09:30.621  64808916  SyncNotes
15:09:31.013  64808916  Notes.Count 9
15:09:31.700  64808916  Documents.FoldersCount 55
15:09:32.642  64808916  Documents.DocumentsCount 48
15:09:32.643  64808916  FoldersSyncInfo.Count 0
15:09:32.654  64808916  ItemInfo.Count 55
15:09:32.663  64808916  NewItems.Count 9
15:09:32.673  64808916  NewItems.Count 8
15:09:32.676  64808916  Folder sync error.
Is the part starting after the Contacts sync was done

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, we need the detailed log. You can turn it on in Tools->Options->Synchronization. After that try to sync and if there's still the error, please send me the extended log file via PM. Thanks!

Richartist

Post by Richartist »

Thanks for all the work guys, 6.0.2. worked for me!

DoctorAstafyev

Post by DoctorAstafyev »

admin wrote:Okay, guys, the wait is over. The new version is ready. Here's the download links:
EssentialPIM Pro: http://www.essentialpim.com/download/Es ... IMPro6.exe
EssentialPIM Pro Portable: http://www.essentialpim.com/download/Es ... oPort6.zip

These are fully functional 6.02 Pro versions of EssentialPIM, not yet announced anywhere except here, though. We still need to make some adjustments to EssentialPIM Free version before announcing the new version release. It seems we are not going to have enough time in our possession today in order to finish working on the Free version and therefore we are postponing the official release date to tomorrow. At the same time we didn't want to make you wait anymore longer and decided to post the links earlier.

Would very much appreciate to hear your feedback and also wish to thank you for your patience!
Thanks. All work well. But need to get a code from google to let the epim manage google calendar. Followed instructions on a epim code ? button and it happend ok. Thanks!!!

tsuchiya
Novice

Post by tsuchiya »

In my case, synchronization with a read-only calendar in Google seems not working, such as a holiday calendar provided by Google. In former versions with old API, it worked. Is it possible to sync with some settings?

Thank you.