IMAP: Problem deleting E-Mails

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

19leunam93

IMAP: Problem deleting E-Mails

Post by 19leunam93 »

I added my E-Mail accounts with IMAP in EssentialPIM.
My problem: If I delete some E-Mails in EssentialPIM, they aren't visible in EssentialPIm anymore but on my webmail-account the E-Mails are still there. My settings are attached...
How can I do, that the Mails I delete in EssentialPIM are getting deleted properly, even on my wemail?
Attachments
Setting1.JPG
Setting2.JPG
Max
Site Admin

Re: IMAP: Problem deleting E-Mails

Post by Max »

Hello,

it's got to do with your particular Mail provider. There are no such problems on other major mail providers. EPIM does not have settings to fix that.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
19leunam93

Post by 19leunam93 »

Maybe I found the reasen, where this behavior comes from. If I delete Mails in EssentialPIM they get marked as deleted. It is the same behavior like this special setting in Outlook:
delete options.jpg
If I choose "Mark items for deletion but do not move them automatically" on the Account settings in Outlook, the Mails will also not disappear in my webmail.
So what I search for is a setting for IMAP-Accounts in EssentialPIM that brings me the same behavior as in Outlook. So deleted E-Mails move to the trash folder and if they get deleted again they disappear permanently instead of just get "marked as deleted"...
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

there is no such setting, as it works fine without it for most Mail providers.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Roel
Novice

Post by Roel »

Hi 19leunam93, I had a similar problem. To make matters worse, the not-fully-deleted emails kept reappearing and eventually cloning in my Deleted Items folder. Eventually there were some 200,000 emails that it would try to re-synchronize after each time I deleted them, making EPIM essentially unusable. This is a difficult problem to diagnose so instead of trying to figure it out I just turned off synchronization for the Deleted Items folder and THEN emptied it. Presto, no more trouble! :-) I now just leave Deleted Items unsynchronized, there's no reason I would need to urgently look at it from any other device anyway.
Roel Hammerschlag
http://hammerschlag.org
EPIM 7.2 on Windows 10; Lenovo ThinkPad T440s with 4k external monitor