EPIM does not start

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

ocdserver

EPIM does not start

Post by ocdserver »

Hello,
I am running EPIM PRO on a Windows 10 computer. Approximately a month ago EPIM would fail when the computer was restarted from sleep mode.
When EPIM was started from the Quick Launch bar it would freeze. I had to use Task Manager to shut it down and restart it. Upon restarting EPIM it would do a check on the database and them work.
Now when the program is started from the Quick Launch bar, the icon shows it starting but it does not open.
When I mouse over the icon it shows the program open with temp.469BB61B.epim showing a the top of the icon.
I have checked for a configuration file in the program directory and cannot find such a file.
Any solutions to this issue?
Thanks.
Ian
Max
Site Admin

Re: EPIM does not start

Post by Max »

temp.469BB61B.epim indicates a temporary database file. When opening EPIM, please make sure to use File-> Save as to save your database. As to why EPIM does not start from Quick Launch bar- so far no other user is having the same problem, so I tend to suggest this is problem peculiar to your Windows. Please try re-installing EPIM.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
ocdserver

Post by ocdserver »

Thanks for the reply.
I deleted the EssentialPIM Pro installation. I reinstalled the program. The reinstall would not recognize the database as it was made using a later program build.
I deleted the database and reinstalled the program. Now when the program is started, an icon appears on the quick launch bar, but the program does not start.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

7.6 is the latest version of program and there can not be "later program build", so I am wondering, from where you downloaded EssentialPIM.
Please make sure to download from here: https://www.essentialpim.com/get-epim
if you see any errors, please post screenshots- that will help us understand the problems.
Maxim,
EPIM Team