Scheduled synchronization with Android

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

bobmac1547
Guru

Scheduled synchronization with Android

Post by bobmac1547 »

Can sync with Android phone be scheduled? Or do I have to create a recurring task with an reminder so that I do it manually?

I see how I can create the recurring task, but how do I make sure the reminder will fire off at the same time each day on a recurring basis?
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
ecsaltz
Guru

Re: Scheduled synchronization with Android

Post by ecsaltz »

+1 If EPIM can't do it currently, this would be a great enhancement. Sometimes, I forget to synch and this would solve that problem.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This feature has been available for quite some time now. Please start the app and tap on Menu->PC Sync to turn on the Auto-sync feature and set its interval.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

admin wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:28 am This feature has been available for quite some time now. Please start the app and tap on Menu->PC Sync to turn on the Auto-sync feature and set its interval.
The Auto-sync feature apparently doesn't work if the PC -> Android only one way sync is used. I use my EPIM PC -> Android in a "parent object -> child object inheritance" manner. So changes to the EPIM PC I want to regularly sync to the EPIM Android - I don't make changes to the Android because I don't want to deal with resolving possible change conflicts between the two.

So, could Auto-sync be made to work with one way syncing?
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There's no difference whether you use a 2-way or a 1-way sync direction, the feature should still be operational.
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

admin wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:00 am There's no difference whether you use a 2-way or a 1-way sync direction, the feature should still be operational.
It's working now, I am not sure what I did to make it work - but I have seen some screwy things happening with EPIM synching that I believe has nothing to do with EPIM itself, it might be an issue in my local area wired/wireless networking.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad it's working and thanks for the update!