EPIM freezes after updating to 7.62

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

nodrog
Guru

EPIM freezes after updating to 7.62

Post by nodrog »

Hi. I just updated on two laptops running Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Pro.

In both cases, the program freezes randomly. On one machine, for instance, it was during editing an email to send, and on the other I was in the Notes module, minimized and opened again from the Task bar and it suddenly flashed a message saying it was unable to sync with my phone, and then froze.

If I wait for 5 minutes or so it might unfreeze, but Task Manager only shows 1-2% EPIM activity during that time.

I tried with another database but similar behaviour.

If you have any suggestions I would be grateful. I can always revert to 7.61 but I'd prefer not to.

I've also synced to a new database but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Last edited by nodrog on Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks
Gordon

EPIM Pro latest version, Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Max
Site Admin

Re: EPIM freezes after updating to 7.62

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you for the report. And 7.61 was not freezing in similar situations?
The thing is, 7.62 update does not contain any significant architectural changes which are likely to cause issues like you described.
Can you make a video of such freezing, preferably with a new (empty) database?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
nodrog
Guru

Update:EPIM freezes after updating to 7.62

Post by nodrog »

I synced to a fresh database and the problem seemed to go away, but (possibly after a Windows 10 update), it's back.

It may have happened on previous versions of EPIM but not sure - it's very intermittent.

I cannot video because it is not consistent and I don't have time to do it repeatedly until it happens.

It does not seem to happen on my PC, running Windows 7 Pro, only on the laptop. All other programs work fine on the laptop running Win 10 Pro with 8GB RAM.
It now only occurs only when I am trying to open EPIM, and there is always a message flashing up suggesting it is trying to sync with my Moto phone. I have successfully synced with the phone in the past but I rarely do it from the laptop.

I transfer the database between PC and laptop via a USB thumb drive and I wonder whether it is storing the sync data which is relevant for the PC, but I cannot work out why it is attempting to sync in the first place.

Any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks
Gordon

EPIM Pro latest version, Win 10 Pro 64 bit