Database site

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

ragin

Database site

Post by ragin »

Hello,
i am using the pro version, my database size is about 9.211.832 byte.

Is there any option to shrink this?

How large can it grow until epim cannot handle the database anymore? How large are files from other users?

BR
Marc
PeCe
Guru

Re: Database site

Post by PeCe »

My database is a little bit over 22.900.000 bytes, works good and fast, no problems even running on a USB-drive works good.
As far as I know there is no real limit, except the (free) size of your drive.
Handling data is also depending on the speed of the drive you are using, on a SSD-drive it will always perform better than for instance on an USB-drive. Also is it depending on the kind of data, for instance one note with pictures can use megabytes of data, where as 100 appointments will only use a very small amount of kilobytes of data.

Shrinking if possible can be done by using the menu options => FILE - Database Management - then click on the button [Optimize].
The only other way is deleting data and than also use database management to optimize (shrink) your database.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
ragin

Post by ragin »

thanks, shkrinking worked..
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Your database is only 9Mb, while there are many users with databases over 100Mb using EPIM regularly. We have seen EPIM databases over 1gb as well.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
ragin

Post by ragin »

sounds pretty good then :-)
Perfect Software!
Claudia
Experienced

Re: Database size

Post by Claudia »

I try not to grow mine over 1 GB and regularly shrink it down to, say, 450 MB, by exporting the e-mails of finished projects to a file system on my NAS server. Attachments are then gone, but I back them up by another method. Also, I use the archiver and dupe remover regularly.Since my data requirements are somewhat large, I handle part of my assignments in OneNote, that is, the scientific project information, the associated PDFs and web clippings. It would be nice to be able to have all this stuff in ePIM notes, but I do not dare. I think ePIM was not designed to do this, and I only wish OneNote would provide a useful linking system - NOT to the web version of the notes - for me to be able to knit the two systems together better.